PDA

View Full Version : Enlarged lymph nodes under arm

Ginger16
11-06-11, 10:15
Hi all, I'm new here. I noticed an enlarged lymph node under my left arm (armpit) approx 11 days ago, this morning i found another enlarged node in the same place. I have totally lost my appetite too but i don't know that it's not just because i am totally panicking about the lymph nodes! I work for a cancer charity and see so often people who thought it was nothing and turned out to be something that this has sent me into a complete head spin. I called the doctor yesterday who said to watch it like a hawk and notify them without delay of any changes, like the second node which i have found! Typical it would happen at the weekend!

bluetopazgirl
11-06-11, 12:09
Bless you, im going through same sort of thing however i have two swollen lymph nodes under my jaw both sides. Very worried. i have had them since before xmas and have had many blood tests all which came back clear. I however still worry as my dad died of lukeamia. Im due to go into hospital in july for wisdom teeth removal and they think this is whats causing the lymph nodes. Remember they swell for all sorts of reasons and as my doc keeps telling me cancer is a rare one although of course it does happen.. my best advice for you which is what i would do myself is get an appt so they can be checked and your mind put at rest.. even though ive had blood tests i get mine checked every 6weeks and my little boy has had one in his neck for ages too and gets his checked regularly hth x

Ginger16
11-06-11, 13:05
Kirstensinclair@live.co.uk

Thanks for your reply:) I had the first one checked at the gp surgery earlier on in the week, same thing, just keep an eye on it. I would like just to have a blood test done for peace if mind but I am aware how ridiculous that is!!! I am having a mole removed on friday so will have it all checked again then.

mum-of-4
11-06-11, 16:51
Hi there

I have lymph nodes under both of my armpits that are easily felt. I first noticed them last december and my dr felt them and said they feel completely harmless. They were still there 3 months later (but hadn't got any bigger) so my dr sent me for an ultrasound on them (to put my mind at rest as she knows I suffer from HA). The ultrasound guy said they were fine and although i can feel them he measured them and said that they are within the normal size range. They are still there and I can also feel another smaller one in my right armpit. I have tried to forget about them now but I still feel them a few times a week to make sure they haven't got any bigger.
Please get them checked for peace of mind but I bet they are harmless. All of my kids have had enlarged nodes in their necks at some point due to illness and you can still see small pea sized lumps now.

Hope that helps.

Greenman50
11-06-11, 18:23
I had one enlarged under my left arm , i eventually had it scanned , ultrasound thing i think , they said it was fine and it went down after 10 weeks . I never check it now , perhaps i should but it will only fuel any anxiety .
Its very common for them to enlarge apparantly , your dr will put your mind at rest it will be nothing i,m sure .

Ginger16
12-06-11, 08:35
Thank you and thank you:D Your replies are very much appreciated!

Ginger16
05-09-13, 15:47
Just an update on this for anyone in a similar situation. Lump is still there but much smaller. Doc suggested I stop shaving under my arms every day (!) as this was likely to be irritating the area along with deoderant use. I use Mitchum which is quite strong and she thought that may have been a cause also. So for me, this lump will be causing no more panic :).