PDA

View Full Version : I'm distraught.

positiveness
11-06-11, 13:57
I knew that this weekend was going to be bad 'cos my youngest son is moving away and have been dreading the 'empty nest syndrome'. It happened before when he started uni but this time he is going to the other end of the country and I will hardly see him. I know that it is normal for the kids to leave home, but he is the youngest of 5, born when I was 41 so I have always had someone to care for. We came back to live in England when things turned bad in Spain 8 years ago and it has been an achievement for him to do so well.

I would have coped albeit a struggle but I heard that my only friend died this morning and my mind has completely blanked out. I am so sad. I have social phobia, anxiety and depression and she is the first person that I have ever made a friend of. Her poor partner and family are in my mind. I feel numb, yet full of pain.

To add to my (selfish?) feelings, this same son was beaten up last night protecting a couple of girls who were being bullied. He had gone out with his mates to say goodbye, but this happened outside a fast food outlet and he and his friend heard the girls shouting, so tried to help. Apart from torn clothes and cuts and bruises he is ok but it has sent my anxiety levels sky high.
What a cruel, sad place the world is at times!!

Would appreciate a hug please.

snowgoose
11-06-11, 14:19
first off...a huge cuddle :hugs:

heck lass ........you have been besieged with awful things happening all at once .no wonder you feel so distraught ...that is very natural . Horrid time for you to deal with ........my thoughts are today let it out and cry .........it releases some of those anxiety sad chemicals out of your body my love . have you anyone with you ?

re empty nest ..............this is a turning point in a lot of our lives and believe me you will be ok honest.
my son lives in the far east ..........and I have more meaningful conversations with him now than I would ever have had at home [what do you want for tea etc :blush:]
You have obviously brought him up to be confident to leave home and start his new life which is all to your credit ..job well done there positiveness :hugs:

You havent lost him at all ...........yes the house will feel empty as will your laundry basket and fridge :winks:.................but be proud and fill your time now with things you I bet you never had time to do .
skype /e mail /texting ....bring our children very close anyway .

you look after yourself . xxxxx

positiveness
11-06-11, 15:31
Thanks Snowgoose. Strangely, I never felt so alone when my other children left home 20 -30 years ago, probably cos he is the last and I will be on my own all the time. I should be used to it as he has been away at university for the past two years but he came home at weekends to go to work. I know I will be ok but the death of my dear friend has pushed me over the top and my head is in a fuzz. I just felt the need to share with somebody as I have no real friends and hate to off load onto my family, they have their share of troubles.

Rous
11-06-11, 21:28
For you P double huggles. :hugs::hugs: