PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here... would like some advice...

OrganDonor
12-06-11, 10:46
I really hope someone here can help me! I found this place by typing "dealing with anxiety" into Google... had a quick look around and it seems to be the place I need.

My problem may sound small and insignificant to a lot of you here, but hopefully someone can relate and help me out a little.

I was in a troubled relationship for six years (from '99 until '05) where I was cheated on and taken for a fool, I have two children from this relationship. Since it ended I'd been single up until recently, I've now found a girl who is perfect and who I love immensely.

The problem is the way I feel and think about things because of the way I was treated in the past. If my new girl goes out, my chest tightens and I get palpitations as well as feeling sick. Sometimes I find myself sitting at the window watching for her return like a lost dog... I know, sounds pathetic, doesn't it?

Thing is, my trust is ruined and I need help to learn to build it back. I feel like everything she says to me is a lie and she's not going where she says she is. I get jealous and insecure. I know if I make these feeling show to her I will end up ruining the relationship... what girl wants a partner acting like me, right?

I look forward to any replies, thanks in advance.

mrk74
12-06-11, 11:08
Hi and welcome.

I was cheated on by my ex last year, we got back together and I found out she was cheating on me again a few months ago. The relationship has ended as you would expect but this has left me feeling very worried if and when I meet someone new. Im scared im going to be insecure and not trustful? The only advice I can give really is to just remember that not everyone is a cheat and there are still many good people out there. I keep telling myself this everyday.

OrganDonor
12-06-11, 12:05
Hi, thanks for your reply :)

I do tell myself this one is different and good, I tell myself all day every day! I just wish I could grab all my negative feelings and get rid of them.

Some say only time can heel... I hope that's true.