PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning!

Klonoa
12-06-11, 14:52
Hi everyone, newbie here!

My name is Cassie and I've recently been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder/depression (mostly circumstantial), I've been put on prozac for a week or so and really just waiting for it to kick in. Its giving me some serious trouble with racing thoughts so really bouncing off the walls (and then drained of all energy afterwards!)

Unfortunately due to circumstances I can't really get any help apart from medication, so am doing my best to direct myself through it (self help books, diet and now, forum!). So pleased to meet everyone and hopefully, I'll make a bit more sense later when I don't feel the need to incessantly chatter so much!

Have a great sunday :D

diane07
12-06-11, 14:53
Hi Klonoa

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Klonoa
12-06-11, 14:54
Thankyou! ^_^

Mezzo
12-06-11, 14:58
I'm new too ^-^ Good luck with everything, I have depression/anxiety as well and it's a right nuisance. Hope the Prozac starts working soon and welcome!

Klonoa
12-06-11, 15:06
Thanks, you too! I see you like art too, that's cool :) What kind do you like to do?

I'm originally from UK myself, (Cornwall) but I moved to the US several years ago.

Mezzo
12-06-11, 15:43
I like drawing and painting portraits mostly, but I have been known to dabble in Harry Potter fanart x_x How about you?

Oh, Cornwall is lovely! How are you finding the US?

RafflesGeorgiou
12-06-11, 16:26
Welcome to NMP. Have fun :) Don't be afraid to say how you feel, we are all one big *anxious* family. Take care and if you would like to talk to me then feel free to PM me! Rafaela xx.

PanchoGoz
12-06-11, 16:41
Good afternoon! Fellow cornishman here.
You a fan of the PS1 game Klonoa? Used to be my favourite game!

Klonoa
13-06-11, 15:05
I like drawing and painting portraits mostly, but I have been known to dabble in Harry Potter fanart x_x How about you?

Oh, Cornwall is lovely! How are you finding the US?

That's great ^^ Portraits are challenging, I always find it hard to really get the features to look just like the person. I usually do an anime style but will be going back to work on figure drawings and such soon to get my skills up.

Yeah I miss Cornwall a lot! It has been a bit difficult adjusting here, it's funny because I come from one of those semi remote villages but I'm actually more secluded now because there is no real public transport and you need a car to go anywhere (since there is no local post office or corner shop). Once I can fight this anxiety back enough to get my drivers licence I think I will enjoy it a lot more, but driving here really, really scares me lol

I don't think anywhere in Cornwall has more than 2 lanes of traffic, it's not unusual to get 4 here! Crossing large intersections where you can't always see where you need to go until you get there, my stomach is knotting up just thinking about it :p

Welcome to NMP. Have fun :) Don't be afraid to say how you feel, we are all one big *anxious* family. Take care and if you would like to talk to me then feel free to PM me! Rafaela xx.

Thankyou so much! :hugs: My mind is a lot quieter this morning, I can hear myself think lol

Good afternoon! Fellow cornishman here.
You a fan of the PS1 game Klonoa? Used to be my favourite game!

Yay! It's been years since I talked to a Cornishman that wasn't friend/family, I may well be the only `maid in all of Georgia! When I left I couldn't cook at all, but I have taught myself well enough to feed my family and now I make my own pasties too. I don't think I could have stuck it out if I didn't! There's no suet here, so it has taken a lot of tinkering and experimentation to get something that remotely worked.

Klonoa is a cute game! But I was stuck for a name (I usually use a different handle but I'm an artist so don't want it showing up on search engines) and it's kind of cute. Not great at comming up with names lol

KayleighJane
13-06-11, 15:17
hello :welcome:

just wanted to say that 4 lanes of traffic sounds horrific lol i couldn't think of a worse aspect of driving :ohmy:

Hope you are finding the forum helpful :)

Kayleigh x

Klonoa
13-06-11, 15:23
Thankyou!

It is starting to get a little easier, they usually have dotted guidelines so you don't stray as you are making your turn but just seeing all the cars waiting at the stop and trusting them to do as they are supposed to, it's pretty intimidating.

But at least there are no real roundabouts here, one thing for another haha.

I have lots to read here :)