PDA

View Full Version : Bach Rescue Remedy

beverley
01-04-04, 11:13
Hello,

I have just ordered some Bach Rescue Remedy for my anxiety problems that I seem to be having of late. I get frightened when I go up this one road I don't know why It seems to put the fear of god into me well this morning went to my local big chemist to see if they had this Bach Rescue Remedy they didn't:(. I thought I come back home along the high street and I got scared gone along this road thousands of times I started to walk a few steps panic turn to go the other way said no to myself I am going that way started to take a few more steps got scared turned around said to myself again I am going that way so I kept on walking had my eyes all over the place to take my mind of it got to the corner and I seem to go easy.

Just kept on walking got home safe I know these are stupid thoughts to have I keep thinking something going to happen to me while I am out.

Anyway back to the Bach Rescue Remedy I just can't get my head around how these small bottles do the job of helping with my anxiety problems

Can anyone enlight me please. anyway I get back online to you later got to go the the denist now why it is when to mention denist you teeth start to hurt even if you had no trouble strange that always does that to me:D

speak to you soon

Beverley
xxx

paul009
01-04-04, 11:47
morning beverley

the bach rescue remedy takes the edge off your feelings they have all sorts of potions for all symptoms, i think also its mind over matter
you have taken something to help with your emotions/feelings you start to relax and the situation becomes less stressfull.

it does get easier belive me ive suffered for 7 years but now i can see a very big light at the end of the tunnel

take care
the norfolk nutter[:o)]

no one REMEMBER no one has ever died from having a panic attack.ok troops be carefull out there

sarah
01-04-04, 11:54
hiya beverly

I use rescue remedy too and it works for me. I dont bother to question why it works or I would start doubting and maybe it would stop working.
I dont know if its the ingredients that really work or its just a placebo effect and I feel better just because I feel I have done something to help me feel better.
Whatever the reason, hooray for rescue remedy...lol

love Sarah
xx

beverley
02-04-04, 09:42
Hi troops:)

Thank you Sarah and Paul009 for your replies.

I can't wait for the stuff to come having a bad start to the day:(
Went to the bank to pay some bills I thought to myself as I was early I go up the town to get a couple of easter cards for the kids next door I got all frightened and can't do it I haven't be up the town since before xmas gone as dad was ill and I didn't want to go to far in case I was needed. And now I can't handle it!!

When I had pa in the past someone was with me now I am running around solo for some reason I just can't get a grip on things

As anyone got any tips or advice the offer please I really don't want to go to the drs for tablets and stuff

I think in this way it came on natually and it shall leave natually!!

Sorry for being a pain.

Beverley

twister
02-04-04, 14:11
They have got a new Bach rescue remedy spray out now that looks good.

Emily

beverley
02-04-04, 14:28
Hiya Emily

I saw the spray on a website I didn't know which one to go for so I went or the bottle one

My nerves are really on edge at the moment my monthly cycle is due and that seems to send me pear-shape.

I think I be use to all this by now after suffering on and off for years.

Thanks again for your reply

Beverley

-Who's down but not out

paul009
02-04-04, 16:26
good afternoon
ive been on the bottle for months (thats bach not whiskey:D) and ive just tried the spray and to me it did not seem to work so well
mind you not holding the bottle right and spraying it right in my eye might have been the problem[:I]
but each to there own all i know is it does help

norfolk nutter[:o)]

no one REMEMBER no one has ever died from having a panic attack.ok troops be carefull out there

stimpy
02-04-04, 20:26
Lovely stuff!
I've got some in my panic kit, in the lounge and in the kitchen cupboard.
I always seem to buy bottles and bottles of the stuff.

I don't bother to question why it helps, it just does.
I think it helps because it helps you to think that you are doing something positive to make yourself feel better.

Hey paul - I bet your right eye didn't panic for bit.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

jonny
02-04-04, 21:00
Right guys! Some one owes me 6 quid if this stuff don't work....
I have just been out to sainsburys and bought a bottle....6 pound for such a small bottle. It reminds me of those days when my dad used to squirt earex down my tabs :-) just the same bottle isn't it?

Am i right in just dropping four drops in a glass of water? How often should i drink it? Does it work quickly?

Many thanks

Jonny

Jonny.

I used to be extremely indecisive but now I am not so sure...

Meg
02-04-04, 23:01
Yes Jonny or 2-3 drops straight onto your tongue if the situation requires it .
I used to put 2 squirts into a bottle of water and sip liberally all day.

It takes the edge off it within a few minutes- it is not a instant calming agent.

Meg

"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We're afraid."
"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We will fall!"
"Come to the edge."
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

twister
03-04-04, 12:17
I've always found it works best if stuck directly under the tongue -about 1/2 a bottle does the trick!

Emily

sarah
03-04-04, 13:21
Hi Em

Half a bottle? are you drinking the stuff..lol?
Must cost you a fortune mate.

love Sarah
xx

beverley
03-04-04, 15:41
Hiya Troops,

I tried 4 drops of bach rescue remedy right on my tongue and I have to say even though I was tense it did seem to take the edge off things after a while.

I prefer to add it to water then have it neat as I don't drink any type of brooze. I could taste the brandy though only had 4 drops I did get a headache!!

I have even had to stop drinking fizzy pop because that sets my heart racing. Felt a lot better since giving it up.

Gave up coffee a few years back for the same reason hope thank god I can still drink tea.

Don't have mints, chewing gum for the same reason yet I use to live on theses as a kid without any problems strange that.

Sorry for babbling on

Beverley
xx

sarah
03-04-04, 15:50
Hiya Beverly

Babble on all you want..im quite good at that myself...lol

Glad to hear it took the edge off for you!!

I dont drink coffee,fizzy drinks or alcohol either and have also changed to de caff tea bags too and that seems to help.

The other day I was in town and I was desparate for a cappucino (havent had one since panic started) so I got it, started drinking it thinking oohh im setting myself up for a little panic later. Lo and behold about half hour later my legs and hands were shaking like a jelly!!!..must of been the caffiene and sugar rush but boy was it worth it..the lovely froth with chocolate sprinkles on top..hmmm bliss!!!

love Sarah
xx

beverley
03-04-04, 16:13
Hi Sarah:D

I know what you mean I while back I was out shopping and I just had to get some chewing gum I knew what the side affects are put that didn't matter I enjoyed them kept my mind busy, boy I suffered a few days later never again put myself through that again.

Beverley
xx

Meg
03-04-04, 18:32
I was a committed diet coke addict and gave it up.

Now I have one here and there knowing that I may or may not have an effect a bit later on . Knowing what is causing the symptoms makes it so much more tolerable though and I'm prepared to go through it sometimes.

Recently though, I seem to be able to have one with no effects so I'm taking that as a message my system is back to full strength again now but I'm not going to abuse it.

I think Red Bull and friends are worse though.

Meg

"Come to the edge."
"Come to the edge."
"Come to the edge."
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

sarah
03-04-04, 18:44
Hiya Meg

I think I know what you mean. I was able to have my lovely cappucino knowing full well that it would make me feel bad but when the feelings came, I was totally able to deal with it and laugh it off and calm myself down. Previously this would have sent me into a right state. But you are right.. im definately not going to abuse it and start having one every day...lol

And yes, red bull is a killer!!! avoid at all costs..lol

love Sarah
xx

Sinead
05-04-04, 12:18
Hi, I know this might sound silly but why dont you eat mints or chewing gum?

I'm still learning about food and the way i feel. Another question, What do most people eat for breakfast, At the moment all i have is a glass of orange juice,1 cup of coffee and a fag. I know before any one says anything thats this is wrong, but i can not face a bowl of cereal first thing, i am not a milk lover.

Any suggestions please?

Sinead

Meg
05-04-04, 12:43
Sinead,

Bananas, eggs, porridge, wholemeal bread / toast. Cheese/ham scandanavia style. Cereal bars. Really anything to get some nutrients in you first thing .

Coffee could change to being decaf in time.

Meg

"Come to the edge."
"Come to the edge."
"Come to the edge."
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

nomorepanic
05-04-04, 13:50
Red Bull - aggghhh bad stuff. Had that once - bad panic attack quickly followed.

I have just discovered diet, caffeine free coke - never even knew it existed. I love coke so now I can have the occasional glass without the effects of caffeine.

As for breakfast, I have the following (not all at once mind): toast and marmalade, cornflakes, crumpets, egg sandwich (hard boiled) or fruit. Asda do this bowl of assorted melon pieces. It is lovely though a little pricey for what it is.

I wondered about the chewing gum too????

Nicola

paul009
05-04-04, 17:04
for breakfast 2 bananas and a glass of milk
two slices of toast with jam
never been a coke drinker but have stopped drinking red bull
cut right down on my tea drinking and only have one cup of coffee a day to kick start me

beverley
05-04-04, 17:35
Hello to Nicola & Sinead

It might be just me but whenever I eat mints or chewing gum I seem to get heart palpitations so I tend to avoid these felt a lot better since:)

Beverley
xx

nomorepanic
05-04-04, 21:09
Beverley

How weird? Do you know what it is in them that does it to you?

Nicola

beverley
05-04-04, 21:30
Hi Nicola

I haven't a clue I have the same reaction whatever type of chewing gum I have you name it sugar-free, the flavoured ones, different brands tried and test I used to chew them to take my mind off the funny feelings I would get.

Didn't know back then I was having panic attacks I thought everyone had these feelings and that it was normal has hearing your heart beating if you know what I mean.

I have felt a lot better since giving them up but I do miss them sometimes.

It surprising how different drinks/food can trigger symptons.

Beverley