PDA

View Full Version : Can't concentrate on schoolwork

sophiethestar
12-06-11, 21:22
I have my final alevel exams next week and I've been revising for the past few weeks but thinking about it, none of it's gone in. I've been revising the same way I do every year and it usually works, but every time I try to study now, panic takes over. I just sit writing my notes, not taking them in, just thinking about how I don't understand what I'm writing and how I'm going to fail. It's just one week until my Sociology exam and I need some effective ways to revise in this week. Any advice on how to cope with revision and panic at the same time?

steveh31
12-06-11, 21:35
Someone once told me too late for me that you can make your revision notes against your favourite songs so you learn them in the same way you remember song lyrics. So for example a crude example 2+2 = Millennium. 3+4 = Stayin Alive. I always remember the name of Natalie Imbruglia's album because at the end of vh1 graphics it used to sing in my head "Natalie Imbruglia Torn Left Of the Middle" on the instrumental so if you can make it work for you may help you remember.

sophiethestar
12-06-11, 21:57
Thank you. I'll try this. :) x

brambles
13-06-11, 21:10
Hi Sophie

I fully understand the loss of concentration you have - I'm in college now doing my last year of a BTEC national diploma (A level equivalent) and have fallen back a couple of months with work because of my anxiety and depression, to the point that I'm struggling to catch up before all the work has to be in next week. Try thinking positively. Also how condensed are your notes? When I did my GCSE's I could fit 2 years of history work on about 8 pieces of A4 so it was really easy and quick to revise whenever I had a chance. I also used association when writing my notes like drawing little sketches to describe an event, date or place so it was easier to remember.

Sorry I'm not much help!

Jeff

sophiethestar
13-06-11, 22:04
Thanks. That helped a lot! I'm going to try condense my notes some more. :) x