PDA

View Full Version : jealous of normal people

cb77
12-06-11, 22:22
im on a bit of a rant tonight but does anyone else sometimes just look at others and get so jealous of the smallest things? ... like being able to drink a can of coke without the caffeine making u all edgy or going out spontaneously with friends without fear of a panic attack or just being able to sit in a meeting at work totally relaxed, bored even, without feeling like u need to run out the room and escape!!! i just feel so out of touch with reality and normal day to day life right now, how can i make this better?

kibbutz83
12-06-11, 22:42
Hi cb, I think the trick might be acceptance. The more negative emotions we allow ourselves to have, the heavier our "baggage" becomes. I say to myself every day that where I am now, is where I need to be. There are so many things that I can't do anymore, but there are also plenty of things that I can do :) I have horrific anxiety, terrible physical ailments, chronic insomnia... but I count my blessings every day that I am still here, and able to see a sunset, or cuddle the people I care about :) Anyway, I think everyone has their problems, you just don't see them :) You'll be fine in time...

Anxious_gal
13-06-11, 05:00
we ALL do that!
But what helps is to remind yourself that your healthy., there's people suffering from cancer, children going hungry, people who have no home to live in etc..
remind your self of all the things you do have which others don't have x x