PDA

View Full Version : Now i'm TERRIFIED :( :(

ElectricAlice
13-06-11, 00:05
Ah I just can't help myself, I just googled 'breast hot to touch', and I literally can't find anything that doesn't point to breast cancer :|

My left breast is bigger and is hot to touch. I'm absolutely petrified that I have imflammatory breast cancer. I'm on my period at the moment, and thats the only thing I can think of :(

Has anyone ever had this?

Eternity
13-06-11, 00:16
hi
Please don't be so worried. if you have your period at the minute, it can cause very painful breasts and inflammation. I get very tender and sore breasts when my period is due and when it is here. They can feel very sore to touch and swollen.

ElectricAlice
13-06-11, 00:18
But I only have hotness in one breast :( The other one is fine. It's also grown bigger.

Eternity
13-06-11, 00:25
That's totally normal, I have one breast which is slightly larger than the other (not that either are huge lol) but I alway have one which gets symptoms a lot worse than the other or sometimes i only get swelling and pain in one. Please try not to worry, although it's not easy. How about ringing NHS direct if you need some reassurance?

ElectricAlice
13-06-11, 00:30
Does it ever feel hot to touch?
Thank you for your replies :hugs:

Eternity
13-06-11, 00:39
yes it does sometimes, the other possibility could be an infection which is easily treated. Could you maybe see or talk to you gp for some reassurance?

ElectricAlice
13-06-11, 00:42
I'm going to my doctors tomorrow hopefully so I'll let you
Know. What sort of infection do you think?

Eternity
13-06-11, 00:48
I'm sorry i wouldn't know (not a nurse or a doctor unfortunately :) but I've had infections before in a breast with the same symptoms, tender, hot and sometimes feels quite hard instead of soft if that makes sense. But it's been easily sorted with an antibiotic. It's good that you're going to the docs tomorrow and tell him how worried you've been so he can reassure you. Please let me know how you get on, I'll be thinking about you. I know it's not easy not to worry as our minds tend to take over and go into overdrive. Good luck
Love
Tina xxx

ElectricAlice
13-06-11, 00:53
Yeah mine feels sort of hard aswell. And I did have a cough earlier this week (have no idea if that would link in) but hopefully its just something like that.

Thankyou a million for your help, I will definetely keep you posted. Yeah our minds always jump to the worst possible things.

I'll phone the doctors first thing this morning and hopefully get an appointment.

Thankyou