PDA

View Full Version : Fed up of being in pain :(

shotokansho
13-06-11, 01:31
Hello everyone.

I'm here to have a right moan! :weep:For the best part of a year or so I have been in pain in my left ankle and both my knees. My ankle is the worse, sometimes the pain is so bad I can barely walk or climb the stairs at home. The pain is at the front of my ankle where the foot starts, (best I can explain it). It's horrible, I can't turn my foot round or lift it off the ground. I have tried everything and even been to the docs but nothing has helped. I've had support bandages and all the creams and gels going but it's still agony. When I visited my doctor he said it is likely tendon damage and prescribed me diclofenac, this is the only thing I haven't tried because I was too scared to take them because I read the information leaflet. It said that it can be the cause of heart attack and you shouldn't take them for a long time. So yes maybe these could have helped but my HA kicked in as soon as I read that. Has anyone taken these before?
My knees hurt too. I have had to stop running because it hurts my knees too much, and when I have been cycling they hurt for a day or two after. My knees are not as bad as my ankle, that's my main concern at the moment.
Anyway all this pain is making me feel really depressed :weep: I'm not able to do the things I normally do. I train in karate and have done for 20 years and I am an instructor within our club, it's very important to me. But my ankle is just making it impossible for me. I shouldn't be training really but it really releases stress for me and reduces my anxiety.
Problem is while training I am in so so much pain and I can't put any effort in or get a proper workout because it hurts to much. I always wear a sports bandage on it while training but it doesn't seem to help anymore.
I am so down, I just think there MUST be something that can be done? Sometimes I just sit and cry when I can barely get up from my chair because I feel so useless. I am only 33 and I feel like I'm old before my time and that when I am a few years older I'm going to be riddled with arthiritis and be in pain for the rest of my life! What should I do? :shrug:

Kez x

macc noodle
13-06-11, 09:11
Kez

If you are still in pain i urge you to try the diclofenac - they are marvellous and give relief very quickly.

I suffer very bad HA and rarely take anything i am prescribed (including anti depressants etc) but had a bad bout of pain in stomach last year and doc prescribed diclofenac - i so wanted to be relieved of the pain that i just took them and within 3 days - better - so stopped taking them and fine !

Only a heart risk i think if you use them long term and have underlying heart conditions

xx

shotokansho
13-06-11, 09:18
Thanks for replying Macc. I might give them a try, wish I wasn't so scared of Medication.
I still have a box of them and they are still in date.