PDA

View Full Version : sertraline messing with sleep?

rubytuesday
13-06-11, 13:20
hi there,

just wondering if anyone has found that sertraline messes with their sleeping? i usually get off to sleep ok but am finding it really hard and also find i am waking up during hte night and struggling to get back to sleep. did anyone else find this to start with, it's early days for me, just day 6 wiht this med but hoping someone can tell me this changes!!

thanks, amy

Tyke
13-06-11, 19:20
Hi Amy

Yes, it can mess with your sleeping. It was quite bad for me, I slept very little at first and kept waking up after very short spells when I did sleep. These side effects usually wear off though. For me it took about four weeks, but I sleep fine now. Stick with it Amy, it usually proves worthwhile in the end.

Tyke

rubytuesday
13-06-11, 22:47
hey tyke,

thanks a lot for your message, i appreciate it. i read some of your earlier posts saying sertraline wasn't doing anything for you. i hope you're feeling the benefits now. i'm going to stick with this one for a bit and ride out the side-effects storm!

haz
13-06-11, 23:34
Yes, insomnia is an initial side effect of sertraline but it will wear off. My Psychiatrist prescribed sleeping tablets (zopiclone) to counter act this. You could ask for some or some diazepam for short term use until this side effect wears off?

Good Luck.

Haz. x