PDA

View Full Version : Heart anxiety...again :(

Mark801
13-06-11, 17:13
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well.

I haven't really posted in a while because I was actually doing well. I brought back out my bike and I've been riding everywhere I go, I managed to secure two summer jobs this summer to keep me occupied but as always, when things are going "ok" in my life, something happens that makes feel like there's no hope for me. :weep:

I was watching the news with my mom when they showed that a young football player died after just drinking three beers. He suffered with chest pain for about 3 years, had all the tests(came back normal for him) but he just died after drinking those beers. He also was very fit as he was a football player.

I have to say that this news has absolutely terrified me once again. I mean I've had loads of test and as of now, I'm waiting on the results of a recent blood/urine test. He used to always clutch his chest with pain and I have to admit that even though I've never had chest pain that I had to clutch my chest, I've still had chest pain.:weep:

My mom is telling me that she gets sternum pain and that its probably muscular or indigestion. She's also reassuring me that I don't even know his medical history and that he could've easily been on steroids or some drugs. I mean I get her helping me but they never stated anything on the news.

Just now my mom asked me to go to the grocery with my bike and on my way I could just feel the pain on my sternum. I rushed to buy my things so quick those people at the mart must of thought I was crazy.

I really need some reassurance guys and I'm really sorry if this post offends/scares anyone.

nomorepanic
13-06-11, 17:40
I agree with your mum. We have no idea of any other underlying causes that the guy had.

You can't compare yourself to him either.

None of us know how and when we are going to die but worrying about other people dying is counter-productive to living really.

Put this out of your mind and don't dwell on it please.

Mark801
13-06-11, 22:31
Thanks Nicola. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my thread. I'm just so stressed out right now about this and many other issues going on in my life.

It's like every turn I make, something bad happens or I fear that something bad will happen. I'm trying to distract myself but all I can think of is what I saw on the news.:weep:

I tried doing some house work to distract myself and all I'm doing is overbreathing to the point of where I can't get any air. This really sucks.:ohmy:

Ella_Jayne
14-06-11, 12:19
NO, if this is the same story that I'm thinking about then you've got it mixed up. He went out and had 3 beers and collapsed then went to the hospital and had tests done, results weren't made public. 14 months later he died in bed and the conclusion of his death was that he had something wrong with the electrical conduction in his heart. Someone else was worrying about this read here... http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1307558998

Hope it helps! :)