PDA

View Full Version : Ok everybody

robot
13-06-11, 19:46
Has anyone got any tips for someone who has lost all ability to concentrate or enjoy anything to pass the time in the day? I am unable to watch television or read and my friends have all but ditched me. I have no hobbies to speak of and going for walks doesnt help. Ok i know this is a daft question but i havent got a hope in hell of pulling out of this anxiety!

PokerFace
13-06-11, 22:44
If you havn't got any hobbies maybe you could take something up? Could be something social like take up a class in dancing or art, take up swimming or join a gym, something you've always liked the look of, you'll meet new people and have something in common to talk about straight away! :)

Maybe there's a job in the house that needs doing that you keep putting off like cleaning out the garage or a spare room or even all your old clothes that need sorting out, something you can really get stuck into in the day to pass the time whilst you contemplate any hobbies you might like to pick up?

Everyone's got a hope to get out of anxiety, there's light at the end of the tunnel if we keep looking. Everyone's different so what works for someone else might not work for you but keep at it, you'll find your way!

I know how hard it is to concentrate on tele and books when all your thoughts are plauged by anxiety but it can get better. You'll get lots of support here on your way to beating anxiety, you've definatley come to the right place.

Feel better soon xx

taviapple
14-06-11, 03:00
have a look at ted.com its a website with loads of amazing and inspiring videos that you can watch. they're short so don't require much concentration, but also inspiring so might give you some ideas of new stuff to do.

I totally understand, i'm having similar problems. I find being with other people really helps, getting them to distract me..

robot
14-06-11, 10:21
Thanks for the replies, i have also developed facial ticks, spasms, jerks uncontrollable face pulling oh and mumbling to myself, which isnt so good considering ive got a really important meeting in an hour. Just when you think it couldnt get any worse, ha. If only i could find it funny. If only mental illness was accepted in society i would be ok but not many people understand. I guess i would have found my situation hard to understand a few months ago, but now i experiencing for myself. Horror show, id prefer to be fighting Freddy Krueger than his nightmare.

pinkdove
14-06-11, 10:31
Hi robot, I have been where you are now, but things will get better, i found that playing the games on this site really helped, and found them quite addictive, but also a good distraction from my racing thoughts. It is very difficult at the moment, i know that, but try to keep busy, and distraction is the key. good luck and take car xxx :hugs:

robot
14-06-11, 12:51
thanks dove i will try, i am so bored of this, i just want it to stop, and the more i want it to stop the worse it gets. And trying not to worry about it is near impossible. ive had a real bad time since March 18th (my first panic attack) been in hospital etc and trying to fit back into my daily routine has proved impossible. I figure maybe if i just go back to what i did before my routine maybe things will get back to normal. Try do stuff to keep me back to normal. My physcotherapists recommends going into a day hospital, but i dont really want to becuase it will further remind me of my situation. But maybe thats hat i have to do to recover? Its difficult knowing what advice to take. Especially when nothing has worked so far. I look at everyone on the street and wish i was normal like everyone else. I had a breakdown once before, this one is just as intense but this time it feels more serious the effects have taken a wider toll.