PDA

View Full Version : Some advice on my anxiety please

footy123
13-06-11, 22:29
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and am looking for some help please on trying to understand my anxiety. I am 18 have a great job, nice car e.t.c. and really have no reasons to be worried about things. For the past few years since high school I have had long periods of worry, I could never quite pinpoint the exact reasons why. I did have a tough time at school in the last couple of years and that knocked me down a lot.

I recovered from the knocking down and got a job at 17 and have continued ever since, getting recommened to another company. I am now totally happy there but recently anxiety and panic is all I focus on every day. My feeling I have generally all the time is butterflies in the chest, I can never seem to shake that off unless I acheive something i.e. something I was nervous about overcoming. I thrive on praise and can never seem to accept i've done well and am always looking for better. I have dealt with some tough things and dealt with them well and confidently. I have been praised for how confident I am, but that is on the outside, I feel terrible inside and keep getting all the anixety symptoms, dizzyness e.tc.

More recently especially amonst people I know better, I have been going really shy for no reason, going flustered if they catch me off guard by talking to me or laughing with me. I am totally confused over relationships at the moment, I never have had one and am questioning my sexuality. The people I am being shy amongst, are people that have never said a bad word about me, I just cannot understand it.

The anxiety is driving me mad, I have been to the doctors twice in the past year and they have said it is anxiety but nothing advised. I do not want medication, but need a way out of this. Nobody else knows about my problems, and I would not feel comfortable discussing them with anyone face to face as I am so confused with everything.

Please could anyone advise on how I can overcome this, I can be confident but on the inside I am feeling so so down.

Thanks

Swallowtail
13-06-11, 22:37
Hi Footy..... Have you thought about counselling, I know you say that you do not feel comfortable discussing your problems, do you mean with people you know? Talking to a stanger is much easier, especially someone that knows and understands what you are dealing with :hugs:

trickyricky
14-06-11, 00:30
Try talking to your doctor and ask for some therapy or just try some kalms or st johns wart tos see if they help you before you try any medications!.It seems like you have a bit of social anxiety or it could just be anxiety or depression ,talk to your doctor because it doesn't get any better on its own it gets worse so tackle the problem before it gets severe ! good luck

rick:)