PDA

View Full Version : Life is going to kill you.

looking4answers
13-06-11, 22:30
I have come to the paranid conclusion that life is out to kill you. From the moment we are born you are destined to die and with the first breath of life we have afvanced into dying . No one can escape it,not rich,poor,healthy, sick,or intelligent or stupid we are dying.Death is the great equalizer.

I have researched and researched life and philosiphy and sickness and disease till im blue in the face.It does no good,conclusion we are going to die no matter what.My first step towards getting rid of anxiety is to come to grips that life is not in our control. For instance my brother in law,perfectly healthy and heat concious tried to beat the odds .He walked everywhere,wouldnt drive,had regular checkups every year ,watched what he ate,exercised regular and didnt smoke.He had terrible health anxiety.

For all practical purposes he was in great health,but alas life killed him anyway. He was on his way to a gathering and a car was overtaking another car and went on the sidewalk hitting him headon and throwging him through their windshield. He died hours later in the local hospital.The point im trying to make is that no matter how hard we try to beat the odds....the house always wins....the house being here ,,,,life.

The only times I have ever beat anxiety for a short while ,I realised that there was nothing I could do about controlling life and might as well forget about dying and enjpy life,but this relief always seems short lived and I try to control my life again.Its a vicious circle.Im not sure how to relinquish the fear and control to set back and realise that we are going to die one way or the other and the best thing is to try to just relax and try to be healthy and not to worry.

Im am at a loss for how to do this. I read and read it says we are recommended to do this and not do that but usually within a few months or years ,THEIR recommendations go south and they change their minds and say nevermind. If you like to smoke you will die if you like to drink you will die,if you like coffee and drink it you will die,if you eat red meat you will die,and the list goes on an on. One day they say that coffee is bad for you and then they say coffee is good for you. Ok next thing sex is great for you ,suppose to be great for your cardiovascular system,now they say that sex and exercise can kill you. Its all so confusing. You do something based on reasearch that says you should only to find out they made a mistake.

Like I said life is going to kill you one way or the other.I have often read that anxiety and panic can not kill you ,but recently discovered that stressing about things you shouldnt do contributs to worse damage to your body than actually doing the things you shouldnt.Life is a no win situration,like I said the house always wins. I guess our job here is to take ir easy and stop stressing and take life a day at the time. Its the quality of life thats important and not the quanity I suppose. Im not sure why im writing this but I felt it important to voice what I have learned so far in my life aout being anxious.

Believe it or not I once had a surgical nurse veteran of 30 years to suggest that I just smoke pot and relax. Her attitude was we all die,so what and to smoke pot and just watch the world go by and dont worry. I was shocked to say the least" a member of the medical community " telling me to use pot.I have often thought about her saying that and it makes me think,she was just trying to say be happy dont worry.

I suppose its hard to kill a trait that you developed over your entire life but im trying hard to. I find that most all of the people on here ,the total sum of their fears is the bottom line" dying" . If we could all just come to grips and reality that we are going to die no matter what ,then I think the quality of our lives would improve.

But now actually accomplishing this heroic feat is another thing. Conquer the fear of death? How? Im working on that hoping that once the thought comes into the clear that im mortal and one day will be just another tombstone in a grassy knowl, then my life will be easier to bare. Its just at 56 im kind of late trying to break the vicious circle I have created for mysel.

I red and read and read hoping to calm myself and kill fear but so far nothing has rung true towards stopping the anxiety and dispair.For those of you that are considerably younger than me I sincerly hope that you can come to grips with the realitythat you to will die one say ,also for you to enjoy each day to its fuullest and really try to enjoy life before you have wadted so much time in worrying like I have.

In conclusion I would like to say thank you for reading and I apologize for the length. Good luck to you all my fellow travelers in life.

crystal17
15-06-11, 20:47
I agree 100%. All the anxiety just makes us go round in circles, it's so frustrating.

May as well just think "f**k it" and go get stoned :D

RosieXXX
15-06-11, 21:10
Without death there would be no meaning to life.

Ambers
15-06-11, 21:24
I had an allergeric reaction to general anesthethic on the operating table and the short tale is that I was resuscitated. I am not scared of the act of dying now as it felt very warm and carefree and 'womb-like'. Obviously I dont want to go yet because I have a wonderful family.