PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety attack??

haziefantasie
14-06-11, 13:00
Hi everyone

Normally when I get very anxious I have palpitations, breathe fast & usually start crying, & Ive experienced full blown panic attacks before so I know what theyre like. But this morning I experienced something different & its really worrying me.

I was stood up talking to my mum & all of a sudden I felt really dizzy & sick so I had to sit down. The blood drained out of me, I was pouring with sweat & felt like I was going to be sick. After about a minute I started to feel ok, but have felt dizzy & weak since.

Has anyone else experienced this before, is it a form of anxiety attack? Ive been on fluoxetine for 20 days now after stopping mirtazapine, & Ive been really stressed & anxious recently but this seemed to come out of the blue & has really scared me x

scoob
14-06-11, 13:12
Hi,

i have had these before. It is completley horrible but I was told that it's just an adrenaline overload that passes. I managed them easier once I could get my head round what was happening. i used to time them and then when i got another one I had an idea on how long they would last. I also found slow deep breaths almost like mediataion helped them pass.

Scoob

haziefantasie
14-06-11, 13:55
Hi Scoob

Yes that makes sense, it felt like some kind of rush or wave of something. Im sure now I know what it is it should help if I get one again.

Thanks for taking time to reply x

juju
14-06-11, 15:04
its just another form of a panic attack, they are all different in their own way.
dont worry about it hunny
xxxxxx

trickyricky
14-06-11, 19:41
When i stopped metazapine i too started getting these symptoms and they are truly awfull ..its hard to explain how it feels and it does pass after a while but its really horrible and sadly a year after being free of metazapine i still get these dizzy spells and i think it was the drug that caused them because i never suffered with them before i started taking metazapine :( try not to worry tho because you will just make it worse

haziefantasie
15-06-11, 20:37
Thanks everyone, fingers crossed I wont keep getting them x