PDA

View Full Version : palps

playman44
14-06-11, 17:31
hi,have not been on for a while ,just started having horrble palps,like three fast beats,a pause then a big thump and back to normal,and of course then followed by a full on bout of anxiety,i was only sat at the pc seemed to have come out of nowhere,just wondered if anyone else has had this before thanks

nomorepanic
14-06-11, 17:38
Hi there

You may want to read the palpitations website page on the left and we do have a sub-forum dedicated to palpitations as well so some of the posts in there may help.

playman44
14-06-11, 17:39
thanks for that ,was so tied up with the anxiety did not even think of it lol

Lion King
14-06-11, 17:54
Hi there,

My Palpitations used to wake me up in the middle of the night, it was like a big bang on a drum. The palps seemed to come from no-where but I guess dreams can provoke stress/anxiety feelings in the subconscience. Palps use to affect me when I was stressed or put under pressure, not anymore thankfully they were horrible.

Have u seen a GP for medical advice? this will cancel out any health issues, I did this and felt a big relief.

Hope the Palps pass, take care! LK

playman44
14-06-11, 18:09
yes i had some before ,went off to the docs the same day,my pulse and bp was fine ,ive had loads of ecgs and blood tests over the years ,he said he wants to do an extended ecg just to check that things have not changed ,so thats the next thing to do ,in the mean time i will continue to fight my anxiety monster lol

Lion King
15-06-11, 18:24
Sounds like you will sort it!

All the best, LK

xJust_Sarahx
16-06-11, 19:53
Hi
Yes i get this often, even when i feel relaxed, all of a sudden my heart would just start beathing fast and it will panic me and i feel like i cant breathe, but then all of a sudden i get a massive thump or bigger bump and its like a sudden relief, and then of course im shaking and that by then, and then it passes, im sometimes left wondering where it came from. Not nice at all, but harmless :)