PDA

View Full Version : Feeling rubbish!

LittleMissPrincess
14-06-11, 19:16
Hello!

I was put on 15mg Mirtazapine on 27th May and then up to 30mg and came off Citalopram a week ago today. Has anyone suffered the little electric shocks throughout their body and just feeling strange when coming off Citalopram? I've felt like this since last Thursday but getting worst. I went to my GP yesterday but she looked up in her book to see if it was a withdrawal symptom but it didn't say which made me feel more anxious :( I told her that when I have missed a Citalopram before and not being able to take it till I got home from work I have had these little zaps through my body and she said if it's been like it then, then it probably is a withdrawal symptom.
I REALLY don't feel like I'm 'ME' if anyone can understand that??!! I'm snappy, anxious, can't be bothered to do anything and feel foggy headed and feeling 'strange'. Really fed up of feeling like this now and no one understands how I feel! :'(

trickyricky
14-06-11, 19:36
I understand how you feel but i get where your coming from ,nobody understands me either ...if you had a broken leg people would understand because its visable but mental illness isnt visable and thats why i believe people just brush it under the carpet ! zaps in your head are a common side effect when withdrawing from a drug ..I dont know about zaps throughout the body though but i guess its quite common . metazapine should chill you out tho ..it chilled me out way too much and i almost felt like a zombie on them

LittleMissPrincess
25-06-11, 12:38
I understand how you feel but i get where your coming from ,nobody understands me either ...if you had a broken leg people would understand because its visable but mental illness isnt visable and thats why i believe people just brush it under the carpet ! zaps in your head are a common side effect when withdrawing from a drug ..I dont know about zaps throughout the body though but i guess its quite common . metazapine should chill you out tho ..it chilled me out way too much and i almost felt like a zombie on them

Thanks for your reply. I feel slightly better, not many zaps from my body now, just occasionally in my head but feeling more giddy!!

RSH71
25-06-11, 13:35
Hi LMP, I have had those little electric shocks so so many times, including when I came of Citalopram. It happens pretty much whenever people come off SSRI's or SNRI's. It varies from person to person and how quickly the drug is tapered off. I was also snappy, which isn't like me. The fact that your meds have not been changed like for like, say Citalopram for Seroxat; which are both SSRI's won't have helped either. Mirtazapine, which I am on as well (45mg) is a Tetracyclic antidepressant. As an antidepressant I am not over impressed with it so far, as a sleeping tablet it's fantastic!:)