PDA

View Full Version : Help please - heart worries

toni282
14-06-11, 22:49
Hi everyone, I've not posted for a while coz I started to feel good, nearly back to the old me! But the last few days been feeling really rubbish again, my heart is going fast 24/7 and been getting chest and arm pains! Now im getting really worried again that there is something wrong with my heart and going to have a heart attack! So is it normal to start feeling bad again after a while of feeling good? Or should I go back to the docs and ask for more tests on my heart? Thank u

Girl_Interrupted
14-06-11, 23:12
Yes yes yes, I've had months of feeling great and then bang out of the blue back to square one!! Get all bodily symptoms and HA back in one day!! U might be experiencing palpitations, this can make u feel pretty awful and can make ur chest hurt. My suggestion is if worried speak to ur GP or chemist, help put ur mind at rest, and if symptoms persist ring NHS direct! I have done this for very painful palpitations and they called an ambulance, had an ECG done, which I felt quite ashamed really as it turned out to be palpitations and nothing more even though it felt ten times worse! but if in doubt ring NHS direct :)

toni282
14-06-11, 23:19
Thanks for the reply, The worst thing is I feel really scared that I'm going back to how I was before and it was hell! I have had hundreds of ecgs a heart scan and a couple of chest xrays and all were normal apart from it being to fast so really I no nothing is wrong but I can't stop the worry :-( x

Girl_Interrupted
14-06-11, 23:29
I know its tough hunny but look at how many ECG's u've had and a heart scan and chest xrays, all normal, what is that saying to you? That everything is normal?? or something is wrong?? The only thing u have wrong is anxiety and anxiety is making ur heart pump faster because u are scared and feel vulnerable because u don't know what's happening to ur body, u then panic and think that you've got a heart problem, when in fact u don't, but ur mind is telling u, u have. I'm pretty sure all those tests u've had done are right and u know deep down that u are ok :)