PDA

View Full Version : Worried and scared.

looking4answers
14-06-11, 23:25
In the last few months I have had tingling and pain in my lower back also sporatic pains in my neck. This all comes and goes ,some days its there some days not.

I have a fear of doctors and dont want to go to one to check this. I am hoping someone else has experienced the samething here and can help yo reassure me its not impending doom.

My neck feels like there is a lump there in the back but to the touch just extra flexible skin. Its like the firt time I have eve noticed having extra skin there but it feels uncomfortable some days and other days I dont feel it. My neck hurts in the muscles I think because I prop up on my left arm and turn my neck while reading so im thinking maybe its muscle strain from doing this for awhile.

My back starting feeling like nerves jumping across the back last year. and then it disappeared for almost a year and now its back.The tingling starts and sometimes goes down in my penis and testicles. Like I said all this comes and goes.Mostly here but then there are some days its gone.

I worry that I have some terrible neurological problem just waiting in the dark ready to pounch but then I remember that I have had bad posture and also im not very active so this could be the cause to.

Then to I have been reading about arthritis and wonder if this to could contribute to the way im feeling as most of my family has suffered with arthritis in one form are the other,but all of this makes me real anxious but the thought of going tothe dr makes me more anxious, so what xan I do?

Is there anyone that can reassure me that this is probally just normal wear and tear and it will be ok? Please?

KK77
14-06-11, 23:38
Panic not Michael - it really isn't likely to be a terrible disease. Remember that these diseases are very rare compared to mechanical "wear and tear" disorders. I understand how nerve-racking it is for you to visit the doc but please make an appointment with a clinician at least - chiropractor, osteopath, physiotherapist etc. They will be able to give you treatments to relieve your symptoms. You won't have to have any nasty, scary tests cos you really don't present with serious, sinister, life-threatening symptoms.

Also are you receiving any treatment - meds or otherwise - for your anxiety?

looking4answers
14-06-11, 23:54
Yes I take meds but guess im a little stressed being indoors because of 100 degree heat and also the wife had a serious abcess for about three weeks and its been nerve racking as it was pretty serious . I have been trying to read some books on getting overthe fearof doctors but somedays I feel anxious about it and other days I dont,but suppose you are right I need to just get my courage up and get checked out. Thanks for answering me. You always have something supportive to say. Like I said with my wifes illness and being trapped indoors all day my nerves are wearing down. Ill try to get better and thank you for your support.God bless you for caring.Michael