PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed! Extreme sudden sickness

duke246810
15-06-11, 00:38
Hi everyone,

I just wondered whether anyone had any past experiences or advice on how to deal with this? Or what it could be?

Basically, I was just sitting downstairs and suddenly felt an extreme amount of sickness come over me, I feel shivery and like im going to throw up. So i sat up and waited for a second, my heart was still normal but began to get faster. I came up to bed but my sickness has got worse, to the point of gagging, bearing in mind i have had stomach pains all day. Earlier i also dyed my hair, abit worried this cuold be something to do with this? Although I have used that dye and dyed my hair many times before.

Anyway, im really freaked out at the moment, Never felt this sick before. And i seriously hate feeling sick, makes me scared to go to sleep like i could choke on it or something.

Anyway i hope i didn't bore you, please post anything :) Thanks x

pinkpiglet
15-06-11, 04:41
Hey! Hope you have settled down and stopped feelin so nauseous now, even managed to get some sleep! Its hard to pinpoint whats caused this sudden nausea but it seems most likely to be either anxiety (Yes! anxiety can cause us to feel sick), the start of a 24 hour bug or the side affect of any medication you might be taking.
Take care x

haz
15-06-11, 20:12
Hi, I suffer from emetophobia. I'll be 43 next week and on Tuesday night I had to get my Mum to come down and stay with me in the middle of the night cos I felt really sick. I wasn't, but I think this was down to sheer willpower!

I was scared to be sick on my own in case I choked.

Pathetic eh??:ohmy:

Jemski
15-06-11, 22:22
Just thought I'd mention that there is something going around at the mo.

I had painful stomach cramps on Friday night, only to wake on sat morning at 6am with sudden nausea and cramps. This actually turned into sickness and diarrhoea.

Only lasted the morning but was horrible. Spent the whole day in bed and couldn't eat all day. Took me another couple of days to get over it and only yesterday did I feel better and start eating properly.

I freaked but it was just a 24hr bug, which my friend also had.

Could just be that you are feeling.