PDA

View Full Version : Intollerence to heat?

looking4answers
15-06-11, 01:02
Lately when I go out in the heat my ears stop up and my head feels a pressure on the sides and I get weak. The weather has been the normal 99,100, and 101 but I cantremember ever feeling this way. Does samybody else feel like I do?

looking4answers
15-06-11, 01:13
Also was wondering...isit possible I have conditioned myself to air condition? I have been laying around alot for the past few months.Would this cause you to feel weak as well when you are trying to walk outside?

looking4answers
15-06-11, 19:27
hello?

Anxious_gal
16-06-11, 04:34
yeah you can get used to a certain temperate.
my comfort temperate is 16 degrees Celsius to 18, below that I'm freezing above that I feel too hot and ill.

looking4answers
16-06-11, 23:05
I was just wondering because I have been away from this heat for seventeen years and was used to low humidity and cold temps eight months a year. Its funny that only you answered because it seems Zi have seen post about this over the years here. Guess no one else is bothered by this.

Anxious_gal
17-06-11, 00:28
Yeah I find when it's not too warm but the humidity is high, I seem to feel too hot and sweat a lot.

looking4answers
17-06-11, 01:07
Lately it feels as if I cant breath well because the air is so hot and I get a pressure on top if my head like someone standing on my head and I also get nauseated and under my ears feel tight. its really a miserable feeling but im wondering... we got a new air conditioning unit for the house and at 73 degrees we get cold so im wondering id my head and bones get cold and then I feel a pressure from my bones expanding. I have never really had problems before with the heat so this is kind of scarry for me.

VioletWings
18-06-11, 20:07
I asked my doctor about heat not long ago, because last Summer I couldn't stand the heat at all, I was really bad with anxiety at the time. He really said just to avoid it best you can and that it's quite normal and a lot of people feel breathless in the hot weather, but for anxiety sufferers it can trigger you off.
I never had problems with sensitivity to heat until a couple years ago or so, I think when you are undermined, stressed or run-down you are generally more sensitive in ways you never used to be, so it's quite normal for anxiety sufferers (and surprised more people havent responded to this one too!)

Klonoa
19-06-11, 01:07
Of course it's going to take some time for you to adjust, give yourself a break :D

It has taken me all 4 years to get used to this Georgia heat and humidity (and not quite as hot as where you are either!), but it's true that you can condition yourself to the temperature a little bit. This year I've managed to keep the air from kicking in until 84 and relying more on windows and ceiling fans, I can't really have it up any higher than that because of my toddler and it puts too much pressure on your system anyways.

But yeah give yourself some time, stay out of that heat! Maybe put on some DEET and take an early morning walk before it gets hot? The light is good for your mood and you can get busy with other things during the day.

Doesn't surprise me at all that anxiety would make heat breathlessness worse. You said you had bad allergies this year too right? I'm sure that would contribute also, do you use an antihistimine? I never had allergies until I moved to the US but sometimes it has flared up bad this year and the earlier I take it when its comming on, the easier it is to manage.

looking4answers
19-06-11, 02:31
I thik the anxiety must be playing a great roll in my breatlessness. This thing with my neck and back has gotten to me making me think that things reworse than ever and affecting my breathing. Today it was 102 we areunder a heat advisery. I got up and exercised my neck and arms and worked in our plant room. When it was a brisk 99 degrees lol I wandered outside to turn our sprinklersbon. i was still a little anxious at that point then and getting pain in my legs also feling a little breathless and then I came in. I went back out in about an hour and did some work outside 99 degrees . I was feeling better and got my courage up and took a brisk walk for about 20 minutes and came in. I measured my pulse and it was only about 100 after all that. I was happy because my legs were bettet and my breathing better and I was happy. I guess the 102 heat is hard on me gto breathe and when you are expecting breathing issues I guess you get what you are expecting. Its weird how the mind plays tricks on you. I wanted to thank everyone that responded for caring enough to do so. It brings joy to my heart that others care enough to stop and say its going to be ok. Michael

Klonoa
19-06-11, 03:02
That's fantastic!

When it hits 102 here (probably july) I'm pretty sure I will be very breathless as well! Air quality is usually not great at that time either (prolly depends on your city but mine is pretty rough).

But you did great! Good on you for getting some sun, vitamin d is important, we shouldn't get it all from tablets.

Maybe a new pillow is on order for your neck? Maybe your sleeping position is not that great? Make sure your posture is good sitting in front of computer too.

looking4answers
19-06-11, 04:38
Its so weird, I got new pillows just for that reason that are suppose to be for making your neck better but they might not be the right kind. I guess Ill keep trying till I get the right one. Also I felt kind of proud of myself today although it wasnt much but at 99 degrees I thought it was. Thanks. for writing me back. Michael