PDA

View Full Version : nausea / headaches / constipation / constant hunger :(

honeyp1e
15-06-11, 11:37
Still suffering from constipation / nausea & headaches. Been over a week now and its driving me insane I've tried most things but nothing helping me and the constant hunger even after I have just eating I just feel I can't stop well I do stop but if I listen to my hunger I'd be about 20 st or more seriously that's how bad it is! But I just try & distract myself until dinner etc :( somedays when the nausea is bad I just can't even force myself to eat even if am hungry I just can't eat through that nausea feeling :(
My doctor said the nausea is from the constipation I think its from my citalopram as its only been a week or so and I upped my cit about a week ago to 30mg from 25mg! And I asked about the constant hunger but she never really said much :(

BigDaz
15-06-11, 21:12
Could always try a laxative from the chemist.

belvederebabe
16-06-11, 07:39
Hi Honey1pie, I started Citalopram yesterday and know exactly what you mean, you have described exactly how I feel. Sick and nauseous yet hungry... Constant headache and I have had about 4 hours sleep and that was taking it in the morning. I also think I was clenching my jaw, not a good thing as I have TMJ at the moment due to bite problems.
I have to go back to my GP in two weeks, I was taking Tradazone but my GP changed me to Venfalic XL but the side effects were dreadful. They made me really anxious. I wanted to go back to my Tradazone but my GP suggested this. I don't think it is constipation you are suffering, more like the side effects from the tablets. Years ago I was on Prozac and if I did not eat when hungry even after a year I would throw up. I hope I won't be going down that road with this....

honeyp1e
16-06-11, 17:32
Hi Honey1pie, I started Citalopram yesterday and know exactly what you mean, you have described exactly how I feel. Sick and nauseous yet hungry... Constant headache and I have had about 4 hours sleep and that was taking it in the morning. I also think I was clenching my jaw, not a good thing as I have TMJ at the moment due to bite problems.
I have to go back to my GP in two weeks, I was taking Tradazone but my GP changed me to Venfalic XL but the side effects were dreadful. They made me really anxious. I wanted to go back to my Tradazone but my GP suggested this. I don't think it is constipation you are suffering, more like the side effects from the tablets. Years ago I was on Prozac and if I did not eat when hungry even after a year I would throw up. I hope I won't be going down that road with this....

well i finally went he loo yesterday & have been today :) now cant stop passing wind (which is awful) the doc said once i go the loo i will get rid of all the wind..
when i started the citalopram they made me so anxious it was horrible but well worth sticking with x

belvederebabe
17-06-11, 21:20
I too am having problems with wind lol....I have been a bit better today with regards to the sick feeling.. but am feeling very anxious. I am going to try and stick with them :)