PDA

View Full Version : Just joined

Jonquil
15-06-11, 15:07
Hello,
I have decided to join No More Panic as over the last few months I have had lots of help from reading posts here on different issues that have been coming up in my life. I have always been quite an anxious person but last year I became very anxious and was diagnosed with GAD. I was prescribed citalopram and occasional diazepam and have also been seeing a counsellor. It was only after the citalopram started to work that I realised that how I was feeling was not normal and that infact I had been struggling with high anxiety levels for really quite a long time. Although I am generally feeling a lot better, it doen't seem to take much to knock me down and then I get quite dispirited. I thought joining the Forum would may be help me to try and keep things together when the going gets tough!
Thanks for reading
Jx

diane07
15-06-11, 15:09
Hi Jonquil

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Veronica H
15-06-11, 15:19
:welcome:to NMP. I could have written your post and that is in many ways a comfort! Citalopram worked the same for me, although I am not on medication at present. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough.( It is a bit old fashioned, but still so relevant).

Here is a link to her site;
http://www.claireweekes.com.au/ (http://www.claireweekes.com.au/)

This will get better. Vx

Jonquil
15-06-11, 17:47
Hi Veronica, thanks for your welcome and encouragement-I'll try and get hold of the book as it sounds helpful. j

happycamper
15-06-11, 20:17
Hi Jonquil,

Welcome to NMP. Hope you find it as helpful as I have.

Just realised I've been here a year now and know an awful lot more about anxiety and managing it than I did last June! x

RainbowGirl
16-06-11, 21:16
Hi and welcome to NMP, Its nice to meet you x

Jonquil
18-06-11, 12:02
Thanks all for your welcome. Jx