PDA

View Full Version : So very worried!!!

k9love
15-06-11, 16:42
Just been to doctor for the 4th time about my stomach being so bloated, first doc i saw kept saying IBS so went for a second opinion.

Hes sending me for all sorts of tests one i know of is for ovarian cancer:ohmy:

Full blood count and various other tests, also have to have internal exam on friday.

Im freaking out now!

Just need a bit of reasurance.
Thanks.

countrygirl
15-06-11, 17:02
Be thankful! This Dr is making absolutely sure you have nothing to worry about other than good old IBS. IBS should not be diagnosed unless all the other things have been ruled out and you have had a sigmoidoscopy at least. We would all be panic stricken like you but think of it as a really good MOT and at the end of it you can stop worrying about ovarian or bowel cancer.

You don't say how old you are????

juanna
15-06-11, 17:17
:) Hi sorry to hear you're having to undergo these horrible tests but i would agree that your Doc seems to be thorough which can only be a good thing; so I THINK THAT IN ITSELF IS REASSURING.. HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL :flowers:

k9love
15-06-11, 17:52
Be thankful! This Dr is making absolutely sure you have nothing to worry about other than good old IBS. IBS should not be diagnosed unless all the other things have been ruled out and you have had a sigmoidoscopy at least. We would all be panic stricken like you but think of it as a really good MOT and at the end of it you can stop worrying about ovarian or bowel cancer.

You don't say how old you are????

Thanks, Im 55, was wondering if its related to menopause but doc says no:ohmy:

happycamper
15-06-11, 18:15
Hi,
Sorry you are having to go through so much worry.
Just to say your GP is following NICE guidance and should undertake the investigations you are having for anyone your age and presenting with your symptoms.
Your GP doesn't necessarily think you may have ovarian cancer but is correctly following medical guidelines.
Best wishes that everything is fine. x