PDA

View Full Version : Scared of bieng alone

tricia56
16-06-11, 09:25
can any one give me some advice please ive had anxiety for a few years now and when i first got it i was scared of bieng alone at home but now because my son has started work and im on my own thro the day ive started to getabit scared and i dont want to be like i was before so can any one give me some advice on how to over come this

dabrucru
16-06-11, 09:34
have you got a pet, ? when i felt alone my boxer dog was really a good companion, we used to get on the sofa and read with him on my lap.... just a suggestion which helped me a lot

Tomcats2
16-06-11, 11:27
Hello i find that when im really feeling lonely i go to the park or to wher people will be it makes me fel a lot better and sometimes people talk to you about the weather or such. I also joined a meet group where i live which allows peopel to meet in groups and go for walks or trips see if there is one in your area.

Take care Tomcats2

xJust_Sarahx
16-06-11, 19:50
Hi,
I could never stand been left alone, and i couldnt go anywhere alone, i couldnt take a bath alone - had to have my partner sit in and talk to me, and when i started recieving CBT it actually started to make me wonder what am i scared of... what am i expecting to happen, and because i was always expecting something to happen then it would trigger panic attacks. My biggest fear was that i would just stop breathing or i would get breathless and not be able to catch my breathe, but because i always monitor my breathing its always making me anxious and therefore making me breathe faster which just ends up been a vicious circle.

What exactly do you feel is going to happen? What kind of things go through your head when your alone? i know exactly where you coming from.