PDA

View Full Version : Concern

jaybyname
16-06-11, 10:30
Good morning, hope all is well.

Just a quick questions thats hounded me for 2 years. My doctor precscribed me with Propanolol Hydrochloride in aug 2009. Ive been taken 1 x 80mg daily since then. To date Ive never touched alcohol mainly because Im scared of what could happen or what symptoms Id get. Anyway, long story short. Is it safe to drink alcohol with propanolol? I have a new works night out on saturday and am tempted to have 1 pint. Is it safe? How much is safe or shall I just leave it? Hope you can help. :shrug:

mabel
16-06-11, 21:05
I take the same dose as you.

I drink alcohol and don't have any side effects at all. See how it goes as everyone is different. I wouldn't go too overboard, as it can make anxiety worse the next day! But in my experience having a few drinks hasn't shown any side effects with my medication.

Hope this helps.

Mabel

RainbowGirl
16-06-11, 21:10
It's best not to mix medication and alcohol because it affects each person differently. Sip an orange juice, you can still have a good time,
love..rainbowgirl x

blueangel
17-06-11, 09:17
The standard advice with propranolol, like with a lot of other medications is that alcohol is OK in moderation. I have taken it for about 12 years for migraine, and I drink a few units of alcohol a week - I'm fine with this.

jaybyname
17-06-11, 10:27
Thats great to hear. Puts my mind at rest. Ill just go and see how I feel. I may just have a pint then hit the orange juice....:yesyes: