PDA

View Full Version : gas explosion anxiety

Em.ma
16-06-11, 14:11
My mum also just tried for fifteen mins to get the gas cooker on and was pressing the button violently and now the whole house stinks of gas but because she can't read or write she doesn't understand about the dangers and screamed at me when I begged her to stop It works if we use matches to light the hobs but I'm terrified the gas is poisonus or there will be a leak or an explosion
my mum is now using matches to light the oven/grill/hobs but it looks so dangerous. we just had yet another 10 mins struggle and it stank again. she says she doesnt have time to phone them so i offered to do it and she just shouted and screamed. this is really worrying and scaring me. my nose also feels funny now to. Its not even funny how scared i am. Im scared im gonna suffocate or die.

my sinuses also hurt to press and really hurt was wondering if the gas is causing this

paula lynne
16-06-11, 14:14
Open the windows Emma. You wont die or suffocate, but you may get a little headache. I doubt it has effected your sinuses, dont press them. Obviously, your cooker needs to be looked at by a professional asap, if its like this everytime you try to light it. It only takes 5 mins to make a phone call, why dont you do it if your mum is busy. You will be ok.
Paula x

Em.ma
16-06-11, 14:54
Thanks. I honestly offered to do it and my mum just shouted and screamed and told me to let the adults worry about it haha. Im scared but she wont do anything about it. could it cause trouble?

Em.ma
16-06-11, 14:59
No one understands how bad my parents are. they have sheltered me my whole life and still do. im not alound my opinion as my mum is a children "are seen and not heard" person. etc

Em.ma
16-06-11, 15:09
everytime someone turns it on i end up in tears. its actually putting me off food and making me not want to eat. its ok if we use matches.

Em.ma
16-06-11, 15:30
Im pretty sure its the clicker thing that doesnt work as you have to press that for around 15 mins before it works. gonna ask my nan tommorow what she thinks

Typer
16-06-11, 15:45
Yeah, sounds like the ignition (clicker thing). As said, open the doors while trying to light it. Your Mum is obviously not aware how frightened you are. Is there another adult in the home that can encourage your Mother to make a call and get the ignition fixed?

Em.ma
16-06-11, 16:09
hi. yeah i think its that to but could that cause the gas to explode. normally if there is mtahces we use them but sometimes it just gets to much for me.I tried explaning to my mum but she doesnt understand. My sinuses hurt so bad at the moment. My dad just said let her ring them when she feels like it. My little brother is in hospital and has been for 2 months now but i dont see how a phone call is a big ask.

Em.ma
16-06-11, 19:03
Im hungry and want to cook dinner but i just cant do near the oven

Em.ma
18-06-11, 14:39
My nan doesnt think it will cause any damage but my sinuses hurt so bad today and are really aggravted and ive been sneezing loads to

Em.ma
21-07-11, 22:45
sorry to bump this but every now and then i hear a bang from the loft... ocasionally i can hear things moving around up there. - animals or something. very scared there will be a fire. also might of been me but the water smelled funny a few weeks ago

duke246810
21-07-11, 22:56
Emma.. calm down! The cooker will not cause an explosion. I think what you need to do is contact a gas person yourself, if your family won't do it, your old enough to and i think its a good idea that you do. Although it won't cause any trouble if you don't, its best just in case, and to stop you worrying aswell. The noises in the loft are nothing, i have noises in my loft, everyone probably does, please dont worry i am always here to talk if you need to. Plus does your nan know about your anxiety?

suzy-sue
22-07-11, 00:17
Sometimes birds make noises on the roof .It sounds like its in the loft but its not .Also wood beams expand and make noises .Its nothing to worry about .You can buy electronic ignitors in tescos/supermarkets for the cooker .They are used instead of matches and work straight away .The ones on cookers often seize up .Its nothing to worry about Em ma .. T/c Sue x

Em.ma
22-07-11, 22:13
Thank you both:) I know there in the loft as i know were they go in from BUT i never thought of them just being in the roof. Last year my dad found squireels in the loft ... today i just came into my room and i can smell something near the window. like fire:S its weird

mikewales
23-07-11, 09:43
Its more than likely not animals in the loft, is either large birds walking on the outside of the roof, or more likely the house cooling or heating up. On warm days the attic gets very hot and so does the roof, when this cools you often hear the beams that hold the roof up creak or sometimes bang. This is quite normal and all houses do it.