PDA

View Full Version : anyone else suffering? :(

clair..
16-06-11, 14:12
cant seem to find the motovation to do anything at the min constantly worrying about when the next panic attack will come from.. also cant stop thinking im seriously ill my head feels really heavy and my throat feels strange (kind of like its closing up and i will not be able to breath) does anyone else suffer from this problem? want to get my life back!! not on any medication and waiting for CBT :weep:

nomorepanic
16-06-11, 14:15
Hi clair..

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

clair..
16-06-11, 14:17
thank you Nicola x

anxietyoverload
16-06-11, 14:27
Hey clair

From what iv seen on here, alot of people suffer with the tightness of the throat, and tightness and heaviness feeling of the head is also an anxiety symptom :) x

Ellie-Bear
16-06-11, 14:39
Hiya and :welcome:

I suffer from the worrying that I am seriously ill, and the throat tightness drives me mad. It does and will get better though.
NMP is a great site.
Take care of yourself. Xx

RainbowGirl
16-06-11, 19:37
Hi Clair, welcome =)

Vanilla Sky
16-06-11, 22:00
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

clair..
16-06-11, 22:03
hi everyone :) and thanks for the warm welcome, i feel a bit better knowing that its not just me with the throat problem i thought it was something serious..! :(

ciccone-hassell
16-06-11, 22:43
hi clair , welcome to the site ur deffo not alone and we are ere for each other :) its not nice feeling + argee i constanly think i'm guna have heart attack and die as my heart races so much :( x

kenny72
17-06-11, 00:43
hi clair im the same i keep thinking im going to have a stroke or somthing, im glad i saw this it im not alone yeee haaa. if there is anything i can do just ask
kenny

clair..
17-06-11, 08:10
this has got to be the worst thing i have ever been through!! hope i get better soon back to the doctors today think i just need my throat looked at for piece of mind.. i have been googleing my symptoms which was NOT a good idea!!!! nice to meet you ciccone-hassell and Kenny72 and thanks for your support everyone :hugs:

clair..
17-06-11, 10:06
thanks Kenny iv found it reassuring that im not alone as well this illness sucks! :bighug1:

clair..
17-06-11, 10:50
Hi Kenny yeah its good to know your not alone hoping i can get some medication to control this untill i get my CBT but stuck on a waiting list fed up!! :hugs:

SometimesHappy
17-06-11, 10:58
Hi Claire,

When I had my first panick attack I thought I was having a stroke as I my whole left side of the body felt numb and heart was racing and I was so scared that I kept hyperventilating cause I was breathing so often and hard. All the symtoms you get is your mind playing with you. You need to leard to concentrate on your breathing as it helps a lot and tell yourself that its just a panick attac and it will go away. Over the years I learned to control it and make it go away without any meds, though I do always have a bit of Diozipam with me in case it gets out of control, anti d's also helpin the long run. I know how horrible panick attacks feel and how miserable they make your life, but dont forget we all go through it here and they can be controlled. Take care and dont be scared its something that its not

HRose
17-06-11, 11:55
Hi Clair,

I've definitely been getting the horrible 'my head's too heavy for my body' feeling. Just another lovely symptom :0
Hannah

clair..
17-06-11, 12:34
thanks everyone fingers crossed i get some meds today!! :wacko: