PDA

View Full Version : Manic!!!!

Walking Contradiction
17-06-11, 10:15
Im Bipolar.
I've been really up since last night, i tried breathing techniques that my local psychiatric hospital have encouraged to calm me down but they're not working.
Have slept for about two hours, and was hearing things last night.
This morning im still well up, this is the real deal, im having a manic episode. My speech is rapid and so are my thoughts, ive done 3 hours worth of worth in one hour although i keep chopping and changing tasks and im shouting randomly at people.
I've been taking off Olanzapine due to side effects but not prescribed any new mood stabilizer.
The psyciatric hospital are coming to see me every day - sunday i was so low i was considering suicide and ended up self harming alot - so it was either that or my doctor wanted to section me.

I'm so manic at the moment, can anyone help.

x

Walking Contradiction
17-06-11, 16:02
Anybody.............

xhyperyogix
17-06-11, 16:55
Just a short one as have to get on tube. I understand. I get apparently according to my counsellor manic. however I've been told I'm not bipolar. Anyway i teach yoga. very helpful. I'll be back on later. Hang in there. Hope I've helped, even if its just that I posted back x x

scott06
17-06-11, 17:16
Hi mate right first you need to go for a nice long walk look at the trees look at the cars try and distract your mined try and Identifie as many models of the same car as well as the coulor even if it's raining don't fight it go with it distraction is the Best thing you can do let time pass do not clock watch get plenty of magnesium and b vit into your diet but you must preocopie your mined

Walking Contradiction
18-06-11, 09:23
Thanks for your replies, really helped :D
Trying DBT, with the members of the Psychiatric Hospital, so hopefully it'll help.
Gotta go there today, tbh im absolutly shitting myself, but my wife's coming too so i'll just have to grin and bare it.
Feeling really tired today, as i normally do after an episode, trying to keep away from coffee and other stimulants.

JaneC
18-06-11, 09:59
:hugs: George. Hope it goes well at the hospital, and that you are feeling better soon. My best friend of 30 years is bipolar and I understand how frightening it must be when you feel out of control. Hang in there xx

Walking Contradiction
20-06-11, 16:55
Hospital scared the living daylights out of me, i have decided no matter how bad it gets, I AM NOT going there. On the plus side they've intervened and brought my appointment with my Psychartrist forward, but it would appear that i could be going on Lithium......
Anyone else on it? Whats it like?

Ta
GvP
x

ElizabethJane
20-06-11, 17:08
I'm on lithium Geoorge but not for BP. I suggest you take a look in the medications forum. I have found it very helpful in controlling my condition and prreventing hospital admission/relapse. EJ

Walking Contradiction
21-06-11, 09:18
Will do, thanks
:)
x

saro
25-06-11, 19:09
Hey George,

I went to see my psychiatrist and told me that I should go on lithium but I have decided against it for now as I am quite stable.

When I get mania I try to divert my energy towards something worthwhile and creative.. painting usually.. listen to music and just let it all out!

Hope you feel better soon :)