PDA

View Full Version : Can't remember the last time I woke up feeling 'normal'.

choccychompa
17-06-11, 10:21
I have really bad insomnia, but managed to get some sleep last night. A couple of times I was woken by ectopics (those awful gallopy tachycardia ones :weep:) and I sat bolt upright in a panic. Anyway, as usual I woke up feeling awful (probably an 'adrenaline hangover'!) I just wish I could get back to how I usd to be. I loved my bed and I could sleep for England :) I loved having a lie-in. Now I dread going, or trying to go to sleep.

Anyway, my question is, how many of us wake up feeling grotty? Do you think it's just another symptom of all the adrenaline buzzing around with nowhere to go? x

angieuk
17-06-11, 18:32
I always feel awful when I wake up. I feel drugged and panicky and often still really tired. Angiex

choccychompa
17-06-11, 20:03
Thanks for taking time to reply Angie. I'm glad I'm not alone, but sorry you feel awful too. :hugs:

nhf
17-06-11, 20:50
I'm like you, i used to love my bed and enjoyed a lie in. Now I wake by 5:05 every morning even on weekends. I often wake feeling dreadful, i suffer alot with acid reflux and find it makes me feel even worse to the point where i'm actually sick some mornings :( i wish i could be the old me too! xx
:hugs:

mel1972
17-06-11, 22:32
Hiya Choccychompa

I know exactly what you mean, I go to bed at various times but always wake up between 3.30-4.00am every morning.. Sometimes I just wake other times Ive had night sweats, but nevertheless my sleeping pattern is always the same. But the first thing I do when I wake up is check what ache or pain I have. I cannot remember the last time I got up and got on with life normally.
I am not on meds i came off last October as I wasn't going to be beaten but sometimes wish I'd stayed on them. I am trying Kalms at the moment just to see if they help but not holding out much hope.
I guess we just have to take 1 day at a time and hope that we are kind to ourselves soon and stop this anxiety ruling us.
Take care
Mel x

daybyday
17-06-11, 23:16
I also wake with adrenaline surging, and thoughts race through my head too.
I do have stressful dream situations, so maybe I'm still anxious even in my sleep and just wake to feel it physically and mentally.
I want happy dreams.

choccychompa
18-06-11, 19:33
Thank you everyone. :hugs:
Just got a chest pain then. Probably just trapped air, but wow, my sub-conscious is going nuts. Oh how I hate this HA :mad:

Abby1
19-06-11, 08:21
Hi,i have insomnia as well,it is awful isnt it,ive had occasions where ive not slept all night as my mind is racing and i cant relax/switch off. Im the same i cant remember the last time i woke up and felt totally ok to how i used to be apart from an odd day when i wasnt on my AD-it is constant worry,worry urrgghhh....