PDA

View Full Version : New Member

sarebare
17-06-11, 11:02
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sarah and I am living with my husband and 2 kids in Zürich but about to move to Vienna in Austria. I am from Australia and am still finding it hard to be so far away from my family and friends after years of living abroad.
I had a major breakdown about 18 months ago and was lucky to get excellent help from doctors and professionals. As a result I was put on Cipralex and had to undergo a year of cognitive therapy. This all seems so long ago now (even though I only finished up with my therapist 5 months ago). I am feeling much better and more positive about my life than ever before. My therapist has advised me to stop taking my medication as he thinks I am able to cope now with what life has thrown my way (having to relocate every 4 years with a child with Autism and ADHD).
I finished weaning myself off the meds yesterday, hence finding this group as I feel that I need some support dealing with side effects and the negative feelings that I still seem to get.
I hope to get to know you all a bit better and help support other sufferers of depression and anxiety.
Sarah

diane07
17-06-11, 11:04
Hi sarebare

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Ellie-Bear
17-06-11, 11:04
Hi Sarah,

:welcome: to NMP.

This is a great site with loads of info and advice. We are all in the same boat.
Take care of yourself.
Ellie. Xx

RafflesGeorgiou
17-06-11, 11:08
Welcome to NMP :) Have fun, don't be afraid to say how you feel. We are all one big *anxious* family. Take care, Rafaela xx.