PDA

View Full Version : Can I have some advice please

HRose
17-06-11, 12:24
Hello everyone and thankyou for reading my rant!

I have been suffering with generalised anxiety for the past month or so - feeling varying degrees of rubbish 24/7 but intensified when I have to go on public transport (have no choice, I need to take the tube for about 45mins to get to work). I've been put on citalopram 20mg, but it's only been 3 weeks so i'm not feeling any change as yet. Anyway, the point of my story is that I really really feel like I can't do this anymore. I'm so uncomfortable it's ridiculous. I'm going back to the doctor this afternoon and was going to see if there was something he could give me to help a bit more until the citalopram kicks in. Has anyone here been prescribed things like xanax and if so, have they been helpful in 'taking the edge off' these horrible feelings? Thankyou in advance for any comments.:)
Hannah xxx

clair..
17-06-11, 12:38
good luck at the docs today hope they can help you. i also suffer from the public transport anxiety and i cant even go to a restaurant any more its really hard i cant help you on the medication side of things as im not on any at the min hope your feeling better soon! xx :hugs:

steveh31
17-06-11, 13:24
I have bus anxiety to the extent my journey is only 10-15 mins but sometimes I have to get off and get on the bus behind and I have to plan when I travel my bus anxiety is when it stops i get fidgety and start panicing when it moves i am usually fine.

I sometimes get a slightly longer journey bus as it has one set of traffic lights to go through whereas the shortest journey has three.

I also have to sit at the back where possible so no one is behind me or i can sit on the backwards seat.

I had this eight years I used to travel to another town to work by train now I even plan in my head to move to a flat nearer work which would not be possible as this flat I am is probably closest I can get in housing association.

trickyricky
17-06-11, 14:49
hello

I have started taking seroxat and been on it for two weeks now ..tried citalapram but they made me feel awfull ...the feelings of anxiety are passing but the feelings of depression are getting worse I hope its due to the medication taking effect and not long term .You just have to stick with the shitty feelings for a while to feel better ..you will feel worse before you get better thats what most anti depressents do sadly .

HRose
17-06-11, 15:18
Thanks guys - I'm about to leave for the dreaded doctors and will report back xxx

HRose
17-06-11, 18:17
Hello again, just saw a lovely doctor in Hammersmith. He's the first one I've seen since being here that didn't make me feel like I was wasting his time - in fact I was in there for 45 mins! He did a whole load of physical/ balance tests with me, checked for inner ear problems etc and then diagnosed me with depression and anxiety that has severely physically manifested. Anyway, he's given me 2mg diazepam for those really horrid moments and has changed my medication to 50mg Sertraline. Bit nervous about taking such a high dosage. Has anyone here been on sertraline? Many thanks everyone xxx Hannah

trickyricky
17-06-11, 18:39
Hello

Why did he check your inner ears ? the doctor sounds like a good doctor

HRose
17-06-11, 19:04
He checked my ears because the last doctor I saw thought I might have an inner ear infection so put me on medication for that a few weeks ago, which hasn't changed a thing! he was a lovely doc :)

HRose
17-06-11, 19:06
.. sorry, to elaborate, inner ear infections can mess up your balance. They don't give you all the other anxiety symptoms though! :0