PDA

View Full Version : advice on panic disorder :(

clair..
17-06-11, 13:03
hi everyone any advice for me before i go to the doctors im on a waiting list for CBT and im going to see if i can start some medication to take the edge off my panic disorder i think they are reluctant to give me anything until i have had my CBT thought really struggling to cope with this disorder and its making me miserable :weep:

diane07
17-06-11, 13:08
Hi clair..

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Relax - its all good
17-06-11, 13:36
Hi

I found the book 'Affluenza' by Oliver James was really helpful as it highlighted how so many people (1/3 of western society at any given moment) suffer from emotional distress.

I still find it difficult to remind myself that I'm not the only one in the world/ room/ train/ bus/ football match suffering with these horrible feelings and thoughts. When I am in a meeting and I start to feel my panic response kicking in, I remind myself that there will be at least one other person who is feeling on edge.

You could also read a book on CBT and start preparing yourself by keeping a diary of your thoughts and feelings - at least this way you're starting to take control.

Hope you start to feel better soon :)

clair..
17-06-11, 13:40
Thank you for your reply i will have a look for that book im willing to do anything it takes to get over this awful panic disorder and yeah i keep trying to tell myself that i probably walk past loads of people who are suffering from the same as us. xx

pammy1944
17-06-11, 13:50
welcome to NMP..try to keep off the meds until you have , at least, tried CBT ........i found it wonderful , i hope it works for you .....good luck x

clair..
17-06-11, 13:54
thank you Pammy i cant seem to find any positive thoughts at the min to get me out of this hole i wish i know what has caused my panic disorder im off to the doctors soon so il see what he suggests thank you for your reply and for the luck i feel im going to need it lol :) xx