PDA

View Full Version : lump under gum. anyone else??

anxietyoverload
17-06-11, 13:06
Hi Guys

I first noticed this lump around 6 years ago i think, anyway i know its been there for quite some time, but i just wanted to know if anyone else anything similar??
At the front of my bottom gum, just to the right of the centre, if i push my tongue under the gum theres a hard lump, i dont think it can be anything serious cause its been sooo long!
Anyone, i would feel so much better if you had? x

clair..
17-06-11, 13:10
wow 6 years is a long time, have you been to see a doctor about it? i feel like iv got a lump in my throat.. been like this for about 10 days and i feel as if i am being strangled dont know if its down to anxiety? xx

anxietyoverload
17-06-11, 13:13
no, not been to docs, i think if it was anything serious, it would of changed by now, i can only feel it if i push my tonugue forward into the soft bit under the gum, Yea feeling like you have a lump in the throat in a definate sign of anxiety :)

clair..
17-06-11, 13:22
i suppose if its not changed in 6 years it wont be anything to worry about maybe just an ulcer.
i thought it was a symptom of anxiety but the doctor told me i probably had a bug which i knew strait away was wrong going back to the docs at 4 clock so we will see x

anxietyoverload
17-06-11, 13:25
yea loads of people on here have the lump in the throat, i get it sometimes too! its nothing, i promise x
I dont know why iv started freaking out about this lump today! probably cause theres nothing else wrong with me! its rock hard and never changed, but i think if it was something to worry about it would of had more of them by now? x

blueangel
17-06-11, 13:29
The lump you're feeling might just be the normal structure of your jaw and the roots of your teeth. If it hasn't changed for years, it certainly doesn't sound as though it's anything serious. Mention it to your dentist the next time you go for a checkup?

clair..
17-06-11, 13:32
im sure it will be fine but if you think its changing go and see a doctor just to be safe.
i also find things that are wrong with me and usually take things out of proportion im guessing thats a symptom too! :)

anxietyoverload
17-06-11, 13:33
yea im thinking it may just be the way my gum is formed, i would tell my dentist but im petrified of them so i avoid them as much as possible, 6 years is a long time, and it neevr bothers me so im praying for the best!! x

anxietyoverload
17-06-11, 14:36
my friend at work says she has 1 exactly the same :)