PDA

View Full Version : needing support

Stoat29
17-06-11, 13:35
I've been battling with anxiety for a while but it got worse about 10 weeks ago. I tried to handle the anxiety but it just kept getting worse. I literally went round in circles looking for help/self-help. I signed myself into a private hospital but it made the anxiety tremendously worse and i had to go back home. Finally decided to go on citalopram on saturday upped my dose via the gp weds now on 20mg. Im sleeping ok but wake in a bit of an anxious state through the night. Its been so long going through this I don't know how I will be at the end of this nightmare. My poor eyes go up and down puffy not puffy.
I took citalopram a year ago and i got better in 8 weeks and i was severly depressed Im really annoyed at myself for not taking it sooner this time but I was trying to be stronger and get through it without medication. Im not looking for the I feel great today feeling but I can't remember when the side effects wear off. I find it hard to wash as its exhausting and i'm tired all the time. Anyone else going through this or can everyone :weep: function ok on the medication?

Tyke
18-06-11, 03:29
Hi Stoat29

I am on Sertraline (another SSRI antidepressant) and felt lousy for the first four weeks. The side effects then wore off and at five weeks I felt very much better mentally. It does vary a lot from person to person though.

Tyke