PDA

View Full Version : so tired all the time

scoob
17-06-11, 13:37
Hi,

I have been on citalopram for around three weeks now. The last couple of days i can't seem to wake up. I had around 7 hours sleep last night and just went back to bed this morning as it felt as if i had been up all night. Is this normal???

Scoob:huh:

Eternity
17-06-11, 14:05
Hi Scoob
Hope you're doing ok apart from this?
This is totally normal for citalopram. I've been on it for about two years and came off a while ago to go on vensir xl which didn't work for me so back on citalopram. I'm back on it about six weeks and the tiredness lasted for about the first four weeks but did ease off after that. Hope this helps.
Tina x

no_name
17-06-11, 20:03
Part of the people get this side effect, the others are on the opposite side (i've been there :) )- they can't fall asleep. So don't worry, but you can ask your Dr if this concerns you and it continues too long

scoob
18-06-11, 14:14
Thanks for the reassurnace guys. Managed to sty awake all day today so far and feel a little more human

VickiS
19-06-11, 20:00
I'm also in week 3 Scoob and the tiredness has just hit me, I have no energy at all

Johno
19-06-11, 20:25
Hi Scoob its all normal. I told my GP I was feeling tired and not sleeping well at night. She told me not to sleep all day and more than 8 hours was bad for you. However I was also having vivid dreams and night sweats, so it was hard to sleep. At 5 weeks on Cit 20 mg starting my 6 week on wed next week I hope my sleep pattern will be better soon. Its best to tire your self out some how, exercise etc. Alcohol does not help either as I drunk one can of cider twice and had a terrible night each time. Soam off the booze at the moment. Don't actually miss it that much and used to have a few after work when I was stressed with. It didn't work though. Signed off work at the moment so have no idea what it will be like when i go back.:)

scoob
20-06-11, 08:16
Thanks guys,
Good to know this is normal. Been a bit better the last couple of days. Just have waves of feeling absolutley exhausted bit it seems to go after an hour. Think a lot of it also may be feeling anxious and wanting to avoid the world for a bit. I will try and avoid the beer for a while and see if that helps too.

Thankks again.

S

VickiS
20-06-11, 08:53
Are you still really anxious too Scoob? My doc says my anxiety should have settled down by now and I do have some ok periods but overall I'm still on edge most of the time x

scoob
20-06-11, 11:24
Hi,

I do get quite anxious, depression seems better but the anxiety is still there quite a lot, same as you feeling as being on edge. hope you are having a good day

S :)

Jemlou
20-06-11, 14:21
I am always tired on this med but the first 3weeks were the worst - i went for a little nap week 2 and woke up 5 hours later haha wondering where the day had gone.

Stick with it. xx