PDA

View Full Version : Heart thuds confusing me.

duke246810
17-06-11, 21:14
Basically ive been experiencing some REALLY wierd feelings, just wondered if anyone else gets this? and maybe new what it could be?

If my heart is pounding i feel a thud and then it takes a while for the next beat to come, meanwhile im thinking AHH my heart has stopped! Im really worried, also does anyone get pounding pulse in there head as like pain and stuff? Thanks

chris22
17-06-11, 21:44
i do get that thud, had it for a week now it did scare me the 1st time it happend, but i also think because im now just sat around listening to my heart beat i tend to be worrying over something that is natural

countrygirl
17-06-11, 22:53
Classic ectopic heartbeat which is harmless but horrible. Your heart gets an extra beat which you don't feel and then it pauses as it is designed to do so that it can reset itself and gives a extra hard beat to empty the heart of blood. If you feel your pulse you can sometimes feel a quick slight beat and then the pause and then the hard beat - sometimes you cannot feel the extra beat just the pause. You can also get runs of ectopics which feel like a mad fluttering in your chest and if you feel your pulse it feels erratic. Taking a deep breath and a hard cough usually stops the runs of ectopics. You can have every other beat an ectopic and it is still harmless to your heart. I have had them for over 20 yrs. Cardiologist has told me many times that only anxious people feel them and stress hormones from anxiety irritate the vagus nerve which triggers the ectopics.

HOpefully understanding what it is will stop you worrying always remember harmless but horrible!

pacer
18-06-11, 09:58
Awful things. I've had them for years now. Sometimes they still freak me out but only when i seem to get loads in a row. I told my doctor ages ago and she said they're normal. Hope that helps x

Silky
18-06-11, 10:56
I get those now and again, nothing to worry about though, I think that most people get them. It is horrible when it happens and it could be down to stress and worry.