PDA

View Full Version : sheffield

vaughn110979
17-06-11, 21:56
sheffield lad here 31 postman health anxiety for years getting worse

Alison0801
17-06-11, 22:19
Don't worry too much. We are all here to help each other. I am 32 & have had anxiety for about 5 years on & off. Try to keep positive. Are you on any medication? :)

steveh31
17-06-11, 23:27
Hi steve from Doncaster do you find having a job where you walk and are outside and quite free from prying eyes of management eases the problem I work on a reception which is quite restrictive and the women I work with are no shrinking violets do you think your job helps sometimes with your anxiety.

girly2007
18-06-11, 17:37
It feels weird saying this because I'm quite paranoid about meetups arranged over the internet. I'm 26, from Doncaster and have OCD, panic attacks and health anxiety. I have never met anyone who is open about mental illness and think it might help to.

steveh31
18-06-11, 17:46
Well I will leave that upto you to decide if you wanted to meet as only you know how you feel and what your anxiety can cope with.

pia
22-06-11, 15:11
Hiya,

Im Lisa, 31, living in Sheffield. Suffer from panic disorders, anxiety, depression and OCD. Woah, feels odd to just come out with list of my symptoms like that:ohmy: Not usually my way of introduction. Has anyone met up yet? I go to an NMP support group in Sheff, find it really helps to talk to people who suffer from similar probs. xx

vaughn110979
27-06-11, 00:07
back at work in morning gona have anxiety over taking the 100mg bta blocker 50 in the morning then another 50 mg at tea time been to a and e 3 times in 2 weeks blood pressure reading 211 0ver 103 a one off usually 140 over 94 pulse rate 80 to a 100 all the time allways panicking suffered for years starting cbt on the 15 july changed it from the 1st keep thinking my blood pressures gona go abvoe 200 again and give me a stroke i have to exersise as its part of the job worried that sends blood pressure up anyway then the panick attack will start im a postman

daddy martin
04-07-11, 13:46
Hi,

Martin from doncaster here - finally managed to get all the crazy thoughts out of my head, but still suffering with anxiety / panic attacks over nothing - doctors / councilors pretty much useless. Would love to chat locally with others with mental health issues - people who have not experienced mental health problems just don't understand but talking to others who do understand is very helpful.

vaughn110979
05-07-11, 13:23
I'm going to a nmp support group wed night in Sheffield went last Thursday found it really helpful

daddy martin
05-07-11, 13:44
I'm going to a nmp support group wed night in Sheffield went last Thursday found it really helpful

Any chance you can pass on the info - would love to come along.

Sheffield is not so far and I have my own car if anyone wants a lift.

Sammy J
09-07-11, 23:32
Am interested also in any local info.

Sam :)

worry wart
12-06-12, 13:47
Hi, I know this thread is an old one but just wondered if there was still a support group in Sheffield (or anywhere near Doncaster). I have had health anxiety and ocd for 15 years and manage to keep it under control most of the time with cbt but am struggling a bit at the mo. I can recognise the signs of a 'wobble' and I thought a support group would really help. I don't know anyone else with the sort of problems I have and I feel really alone with it. Please let me know if you know any details. Thanks