PDA

View Full Version : Brain Tumours In teenagers

ryanmorgz
17-06-11, 22:21
Hello I am a 16 year old boy

Ever since I few days ago these are the symptoms have been having.

A ache sort of feeling in the top left hand side of my brain, which is quite bad when I wake up.

A funny feeling in my stomach.

Feeling like I am walking off balence

Tiredness

I am really stressed out because I think that I have a brain tumour. I started having these problems when I watched the latest episode of Waterloo Road (TV Show) which character Sambucca Kelly dies of a Brain Tumour. She is a teenager around my age. I woke up and I thought "OMG, I wonder if I have a brain tumour!" Then I started to have all these symptoms that I am having. I had the same sort of thing around 2 years ago.

OMG I AM SO SCARED! :O, Do I have a brain tumour!

Jules147
17-06-11, 22:50
Just remember that brain tumours in young people are very rare in real life but make good story lines in a fictional drama series.

Worrying about it will give you the symptoms you describe.

duke246810
18-06-11, 01:10
Hi i am also 16 and get exactly the same thing as you!
Even though i don't watch waterloo road, i still have the constant fear or brain tumour in my mind :( Tell your docs how you feel and they will reassure you, its an extremely rare thing, but if you still feel worried speak to your docs :) x

LiveAboveIt
18-06-11, 12:21
Hey, Ryan.

I wouldn't worry about it. As they said, it's VERY rare.. And we often get alot of the symptoms of the things we're most scared of when we excessively worry or focus on it. It sounds like anxiety symptoms.. I too would suggest speaking to your doctor just for peace of mind. But I don't believe you have anything to worry about.