PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop crying

sarebare
18-06-11, 11:17
I have been completely off my meds (cipralex) for 2 days now after a gradual weaning over a month. Today I haven't stopped crying and I am feeling extremely light headed and have almost fainted a couple of times. Is this normal? I thought that if the dose is gradually reduced then the withdrawl effects are not so severe. Also, how long does this last?:weep:

pinkpiglet
18-06-11, 15:13
Maybe this is a mixture of withdrawal and also relief! If you have been willing yourself to get off these meds (not sure what they are myself but never-the-less..) and now you are off them you are going to be feeling mixture of emotions such as relief, fear and uncertainty. Your body is also going to miss this chemical which it has depended so highly on for so long. I am sure this is all pretty normal cos afterall, this is a pretty big thing you have achieved. Well done and now you just have to get through the next few days, when i am sure you will start to feel better in yourself. Inbox me if you ever need to talk x

sarebare
19-06-11, 08:13
Thanks for your response pinkpiglet. I am feeling a bit better today but still have these amazing headspins. My medication was for depression and anxiety and I can now see how well they worked, now that I am no longer taking them. My head just seems so full of stress now but I have started exercising again too which is definitely helping.
Here's hoping I can stay off the meds for now.
Sarah