PDA

View Full Version : Bleurgh..What's wrong with me?!

moomin1
18-06-11, 15:42
This is another 'one for the ladies' posts!

I have been absolutely fine for months and months with regard to depression/anxiety, until all of a sudden last week (week before my period was due) I started feeling that 'dull/dark and almost agitated/bored' feeling - then the anxiety kicked in slightly. This seemed to manifest itself in my relationship - I seemed to be getting paranoid about my boyfriend and things he said, picking on everything. I kept quiet about it until last night when I seemed to have a complete explosion of temper and rowed with him over the phone (he was away for the night). Today when I woke up I inevitably felt like the whole world had crashed down and was convinced our relationship would be over, and the anxiety was horrible.. I couldn't get hold of my boyfriend for hours (turns out he was dozing!) and automatically assumed he was ignoring me and leaving me etc etc - (cue a lot of text messages pleading with him to just get it over and done with and not prolong the agony!) - only for him to eventually get back and say that there was no way he was ever going to leave and that he loves me to pieces and that he had only just read my messages.

I suppose what's bothering me is why I'm suddenly like this this week?!! Is it hormones?!! I have recently started taking the pill again after a few years break, and wonder whether that has something to do with it. I feel as if I'm losing my marbles this week and my poor boyfriend must think so too!
Any input from the ladies on this matter would be much appreciated - can hormones really do this?!! I love my boyfriend to bits and can't understand my sudden outburst!!
:wacko: