PDA

View Full Version : ct scan on monday - scary times :(

mike_coventry_uk
18-06-11, 16:51
hi guys,

i am due a ct scan on monday at 4pm :(

was referred frm gp to neuro for light headedness etc and the neuro is ordering a scan just for re assurance purposes.

i have been debating wether to have it or not due to the xrays and potential risk they pose in themselves.

has anyone had a ct scan what are they like ? how long can they take? and is a mri safer?

i really hope i dont have anything wrong,thankfully my doc sed he will rush thru the results for me by weds so only a day to panic :)

jus some reassurance and advice would be great guys!

thank you
mike

DontPanicMrMannering
18-06-11, 17:25
I would not worry about it if you want answers then this is the quickest way, and nobody has died because of a CT / MRi scan, just get it over with and wait for your results to ease your mind once and for all.

molly36
18-06-11, 17:52
Hi i have had both mri and ct scan and was totally fine.I had 1 for headaches and lightheadiness .All came back clear and was put down to anxiety.You will be ok and it will put your mind at ease once you get the all clear which you will.Kind regards molly x

Koko
18-06-11, 20:43
I've had a ct scan (when I was on holiday in the states due to dizziness) it was fine didn't take long and the hardest part was keeping still (you know when your told not to do something you just want to do it like don't look and then you want to lol).

mike_coventry_uk
20-06-11, 07:53
getting really scared now! 4:30 :scared15:

ItchyOne
20-06-11, 08:20
Don't worry about it. I had a CT scan 2 weeks ago for a lump inside my cheek. Just before the scan, I was injected a warm serum which was apparently meant to "highlight" the areas so that the scan images become clearer. When the serum was injected through my right hand, I felt a strange warm sensation all over, and (strangely) especially on my butt. After which, the scan took place and the whole procedure was over in less than 10mins.

Modern CT scanners are very safe in terms of radiation so you have nothing to worry about, unless you plan on doing multiple scans in short intervals!

I had my results the next day, and as expected I was told that I'm alright. But my anxiety did went into overdrive the night before the results though...