PDA

View Full Version : Don't Want to Sleep

Klonoa
19-06-11, 07:59
After last night I'm afraid to go to sleep, but it's 3am and I know my toddler is going to be running rings around me tomorrow.

I did this to distract myself

http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq345/SamhainShadow/june19.png

I used a stock reference from Elandria at deviantart. She really is amazing.

It's kind of sloppy but it's better than my last attempt at speed paint.

I really need to stop holding my breath when I work though, don't know why I do that.

Really don't want to go to sleep >_<

Vixxy
20-06-11, 15:44
That's really good :)

Klonoa
26-06-11, 13:54
Thankyou!

Eternity
26-06-11, 21:43
Wow that's excellent, well done you!!!
Do you mind if I ask why you don't want to go to sleep?

Klonoa
30-06-11, 06:52
Thanks!

I don't know why but this year's father's day was really bad (I havn't spoken to him for about 8 years) on the friday night and by saturday night I was afraid to go to sleep. Apart from feeling a little sad occasionally it hasn't bothered me at all, but this was so bad it was several days before I was even able to talk to my husband about it.

I'm all good now though! Tonight I can't sleep because I have a headache from clenching my jaw in sleep the night before. I'm going to have to sort mouth guard out again, but I'd rather be awake from that than meanie nightmares.

:hugs: Thanks!

johnielov
20-08-12, 09:56
Wow great art. What kind of paint did you use? It's nice I wonder why did you come up with that kind of paint..hmm

Klonoa
21-08-12, 14:29
Thanks. It was digital art in Photoshop with a tablet. It's been a while since I've done anything architectural related, maybe should do some more soon :)

Dizzzie
21-08-12, 14:45
great pic sorry to hear that you have not spoken to your dad in a while i have similar family issues i too have a huge headache today from clenched jaw woke up and it was clenched it always seems to be clenched every day at the moment hope u get some kind of sleep x:)

Klonoa
22-08-12, 14:51
great pic sorry to hear that you have not spoken to your dad in a while i have similar family issues i too have a huge headache today from clenched jaw woke up and it was clenched it always seems to be clenched every day at the moment hope u get some kind of sleep x:)

Dizzzie - I posted that like a year ago so I've made some progress since then. Some of it you may find helpful(?).

I still havn't spoken to my father, its been like 7 or 8 years now and for much of the time it doesn't inhibit my life, its just occasionally that it gets to me. If you have a parent(s) that can't or won't give you the love and support that you need/deserve. People have often said "it's their problem not yours" but it doesn't stop the gaping loss and disadvantage that comes with not having those special people behind you.

I'm sure that the answer for everyone is different, their needs and their losses are different. The answer for me (I'm sure this sounds super cheesy!) was to give myself extra love. So quick to lavish the criticisms my parents might have on my actions but not forgiveness, acceptance and other things that we need. At some point, we have to be whole and succeed without them even if they are the stem of the cause of the trouble in the first place.

About the tension - Over the last year those grindings turned into some kind of damage that now gives me regular headaches. If you have a dentist and can afford the treatments (I know getting one can be hard and even though the costs are limited they can still be bad) then don't put it off.

In other hypocrisy I still havn't been (expensive lol), but there are things that help. A regular schedule for bed time, a relaxing activity before hand like reading, drinking enough water e.t.c. The best thing to heal your jaw is breathing exercises - take the time and concentration to do it right it should feel more relaxed and you may have subtle clicks you can hear.

The annoying thing about it is thinking about it alone can cause you to clench, so at least to begin with you may have to spend a lot of time actively trying to relax and doing the breathing exercises to stop your jaw from getting bad.

There are two exercises that help me. I use this one when I'm feeling tense:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brsnxo_v660

and when I have a headache already I use this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JURgpCsZyY

It helps to have perfect peace and quiet (hard with a child in the house) but doing it right can definitely limit the pain. For a while they were getting so bad they were making me vomit and lasted sometimes 24 hours with painkillers not helping one bit.

So trying to nip it in the bud now will definitely be a good thing for you. If you need to chat some more feel free to pm me :hugs:hope things get better for your jaw and your family soon!