PDA

View Full Version : diet causing me to feel depressed and panicky

ben16
19-06-11, 13:40
Hi i posted in a forum a couple of weeks that i had a reoccurrence of anxiety and depression i had a few years ago. this time i am having good days,bad days and really bad days but only for a small amount of time.What i didnt say was that i had been on a very low carb diet for a month or so because i didnt think it had any relevence.However i have recently really felt bad when i first wake up and at certain times of the day. i looked up a low carb diet on the internet and it stated it can be very bad for mental state of mind. was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. apparently carbs are the main things for helping produce serotonin and obviously i was lacking in that.Im not saying this is definatly what is making me feel so low but im confident if i start eating better it will help. I lost a good stone on the diet but i would much rather feel happy. interested in what people think

lees6655
19-06-11, 14:47
Hi i know when every i seem to go on a diet i get depressed and then very anxious i have noticed a pattern but only just realized it not that long ago. I would cut out junk food and eat healthy and go running a few times a week but after doing this for about a month i would seem to go into depression and then start worrying about my health any aches or pains i would think is cancer iam going through it now it has happened at least 5 times that i can remember. Well i think this is what happens to me i have not convinced myself fully yet but there seems to be a big pattern .

Toffeeapple
19-06-11, 21:28
Defo! Last week I was trying to be reasonable with my eating, I don't eat too much anyway but I was trying to cut out biscuits and all the rest, but what I should have done is maybe have fruit or nuts instead because my anxiety came back with a vengence after a week of doing that. And I hadn't had a bout for months (I used to get them weekly and daily).
I'm sure it's because I wasn't eating enough, at least it definately didn't help.

rachael t
19-06-11, 23:10
same ere thought it was just my imagination my h a cums bak full on so cant eat lose wen then wen my ha goes away i cant get bak into dieting it a vicious circle