PDA

View Full Version : Please help -ALS mnd fears

flatterycat
19-06-11, 15:31
I Have been struggling so much with health anxiety lately and it is getting out of control. Today I have convinced myself I have mnd. I have terrified myself.Basically I discovered that my left wrist is actually smaller than my right. I am so scared this is my wrist wasting away. I also found that I have more of a dip in an area of my shoulder between the collar bone. Can anyone relate?

AlexandriaUK
19-06-11, 15:36
One of my wrists are 6 inches and the other 6 and a half, so think its normal for most people or I have wasting as well, which I dont.

flatterycat
19-06-11, 19:02
Thankyou for replying. I just can't seem to get a grip at all.
Does anyone else out there have wrists of different sizes?

pb
19-06-11, 19:17
Ive also worried about als at times, im not a dr but im sure if you had this illness you would have alot more symptons.
Not sure why your wrist is smaller but maybe its just the way you are, we are not completly symetrical x

jewels26
19-06-11, 20:33
i think if u asked most people most will have something bigger then other. both my arm and leg r bigger than the other :)

blueangel
20-06-11, 13:06
Most of us have one side of our bodies bigger than the other as we are not quite symmetrical. Nearly everyone has one foot bigger than the other, and our hands also vary in size according to whether we are left- or right-handed. For example, most people will find that their wedding ring is not an exact fit for the same finger on the other hand. It's also extrenely common for women to have one boob bigger than the other!

Andyreww
13-08-11, 19:26
It's nothing to do with ALS, the wrist is all bone, there is no muscle there as such, you wouldnt have wasting from the wrist with ALS. plus if it was wasting, you've have no movement in it whatsoever