PDA

View Full Version : Mrs 'X' and NLP

red
02-04-04, 17:18
Mrs 'X' is a client of mine who I have been councelling now since 25th February. I have mainly used NLP tecniques with her.

She was constantly (at least once per week) being admitted to A & E presenting with varying symptoms such as heart attack and Anaphylactic Shock - she was terrified on all occasions and thought she was dying. The doctor was consulted at least twice a week also with varying bodily complaints. She was afraid to take medication unless it harmed her.

She had not been out of the house alone since last October, not slept with her husband for fear of 'catching' something and insisted on carrying a syringe of adrenalin round with her. She had not seen her mother since Christmas and felt really bad at the prospect of visiting her in her 'new' nursing home.

When I did my first consultation with her, she was adamant that she was physically ill - yes she does have mild asthma and had a pacemaker fitted when she was 27 - she is in her forties now and it had never bothered her psychologically up until about 4 years ago. She had not visited a supermarket for four years, nor been able to go into any shops at all for that length of time. She was in a poor state.

Now, the good news! She rang me 2 weeks ago to tell me she had been walking along the beach with her dog and her husband, she had been shopping by herself - but not in the supermarket yet - (she did try but couldn't cope at the time). She has finished her course of antibiotics, is sleeping with her husband again and doesn't carry the adrenalin round with her. Oh - and she hadn't been to the dentist for over 20 years (her mouth was in a state) and we went yesterday to get her sorted out! She has been a real pleasure to work with and has worked really hard with the coping strategies.

I used, as I said, mainly NLP and Time Line therapy and it has worked really, really well. This is not a fantasy story even though it sounds like one - she really has made remarkable, quick progress. When I saw her for the first time, she had not been able to get of her settee for 9 weeks. She is improving more and more by the day - has a few steps back every now and then but comes back fighting, I am so proud of her. She is a credit to us all. NLP and Time Line Therapy does work for us and she has made me realise that even more now!

Hope this helps anyone who feels like they are treading water - we can live useful lives again - without fear!

Take care

Red
x

stimpy
02-04-04, 20:51
Nice work Red.
I bet you are ever so proud of her.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Meg
02-04-04, 23:09
OOh Liz,

I like the new title !

Red - well done. Great achievement

sarah
03-04-04, 13:57
Hi Red

Wow that s really good fast progress. Good for her and good for you too!!!!

love Sarah
xx