PDA

View Full Version : Brain Tumours In teenagers/Anxiety

ryanmorgz
19-06-11, 19:17
I keep on thinking that I have a brain tumour all the time.

Around September 2009, I started to have the symptoms below. So I decided to use Google and type in Brain Tumours. Then after I looked at it I started to have symptoms below.

A constant headache
Feeling like I need to sneeze all the time
Feeling off balence
Ringing in Ears only at night.
Tiredness

After I went to the doctors around 3 times during that time, They kept on saying that I have sinusitus. And I they gave me some Nasal Spay and It didnt work. So I went back and they told me that they needed to do some blood tests to see if anything was going on. Then a few days later the symptoms somehow went away.

Now it's June 2011 and in May I convinced my self That I have Kidney disease. Then I watched the latest episode of Waterloo Road (TV Show) which character Sambucca Kelly dies of a Brain Tumour. She is a teenager around my age. I woke up and I thought "OMG, I wonder if I have a brain tumour again!" Then I started to have all these symptoms that I am having above.

I am a 16 year old boy, I am really scared. Is it just anxiety?, If I had complained about a Brain Tumour back in September 2009 and again in June 2011, I would have been dead If I had a Brain Tumour in 2009 and didnt get any help woudnt I?

Oh and inbetween January 2010 and May 2011, I had convinced that I had Pangrianic Cancer, Bladder Cancer, Heart Attack and Brain Abess.

Are the symptoms above all in my head?? Can you imagine symptoms?? The symptoms seem to go when I concentrate on things, woudnt the symptoms stay all the time if I had a Brain Tumour??

AlexandriaUK
19-06-11, 19:34
I can guarantee you that most of the illnesses you have convinced yourself you have would have killed you by now if you had them and also the symptoms do not go away while you have fun with your mates or play on your play station/wii so I think you are suffering with HA which is Health Anxiety which is more common than you realise at your age, is there other problems going on in your life are you stressed because of othe factors like school/college or family problems.
Dont brood about this go to your Dr talk to your parents or another adult else this will get out of hand and then you will like me suffer with it for a lot of years when help is there for you now.Here is a :hugs:for you and I hope you feel better.

And yes we can create any symptom or illness, the mind is a powerful thing.