PDA

View Full Version : I have an Endoscopy on wed 22nd and worried sick!!

goldberg
19-06-11, 20:03
Hi Everyone,
I`m new to this forum,i have got an Endoscopy on wed 22nd and i`m worried sick about it. I have been off my Citalopram for about 6 months and my anxiety is at its peak.please help someone. Thanks

pammy1944
19-06-11, 20:31
dont worry about it Gold ...ive had 3 and they are a no brainer ,, the thought is far worse than the deed .........take care and dont worry x

anx mum
19-06-11, 20:52
Hi Everyone,
I`m new to this forum,i have got an Endoscopy on wed 22nd and i`m worried sick about it. I have been off my Citalopram for about 6 months and my anxiety is at its peak.please help someone. Thanks

Dont worry i was worried to not as bad as i thought and over quickly.

goldberg
19-06-11, 20:53
Thanks Pammy1944,
Your experience of the procedure is a great help to me ,i`ll let you know how i got on.

Dahlia
20-06-11, 20:47
I was absolutely petrified before I had one done a few weeks back. But I promise you, once they sedate you, you really won't care, or even really notice, what they are doing. You'll remember being sedated and then next thing waking up in the recovery room. It only takes 5 minutes to do the procedure - far less than the dentist!

belle
21-06-11, 12:28
I had it transnasal (they talked me out of sedation) and i can honestly say, it was THE most horrendous procedure i have ever had to endure in my entire life.

The numbing spray didn't work. The pain getting it up my nose was excruciating, when they finally managed to get it up my nose, it got as far as the back of my throat and i pulled it out, creating the worst nose bleed in the world.

I WISH the stupid women hadn't talked me out of sedation..... Now i know what is coming and it scares the life out of me... :(

Lilyblue
22-06-11, 13:10
I've had 3, never used sedation, just the throat spray, was 19 for 1st one and was scared, my mum went in with me, i was kicking and punching, taking tube out mouth, but was over in less than 10 mins, the other 2 i knew what to expect so was more calmer,
I only got anxious with the waiting around to go in, the test your heart rate before the procedure, and mine was sooo high cos worry.
You should be fine :-)

goldberg
22-06-11, 13:30
Thanks Clareblue,
Just got back from my Endoscopy,things went fine.Had the sedation,can remember gagging a few times then waking up in the recovery room. just feel a bit spaced out at the moment.Lol