PDA

View Full Version : Terrified I have Lymphoma

sophiethestar
19-06-11, 21:26
I know I've posted this a few times before, but I'm seriously convinced that I have Lymphoma.

I have had a swollen lymph node behind my ear since the beginning of April. It's hard, but it's movable. 2 weeks after I noticed it I went to the Doctor and she didn't seem too concerned. She said it was movable and she measured it and said it wasn't abnormally huge and would probably go down. She said to come back in a month if it hadn't gone down. Of course, it didn't go down so I went back to the Doctor. She sent me for a blood test, which came back normal. Around that time I came out in so much petechiae. All over my arms and some on my chest and legs. The amount seems to be increasing. It's now on my stomach and around my ankles too. Just over a week ago I went to the Doctors again because my lymph node was still swollen. She said it seems to be shrinking- the edges aren't defined and it looks a lot smaller than before- you can only JUST see it and feel it now. :) I mentioned the petechiae to her and she took a look and said it doesn't look worrying. But since then the amount of petechiae has been increasing. Almost every day I come out in purple and red rashes that have bruises inside of them and then they go the next day, but the petechiae stays.

I'm so so so so worried right now. If I had lymphoma at the stage where it was causing petechiae and rashes and bruising, would that not mean it was in my blood and bone marrow, so it would have shown in my blood test? I really hope so, seeing as my blood test results are normal. I'm confused and scared, and looking for reassurance, please? x

sophiethestar
19-06-11, 22:40
I think I can feel 2 more swollen lymph nodes at the side of my neck as well. :mad: x

DontPanicMrMannering
19-06-11, 23:06
Sophie I would wager that you are perfectly healthy, your Blood tests where normal because you are healthy, stop worrying about things going wrong with you, you will have plenty of time for that in 50 years time when your body is much older, but by then they may have a cure for everything:yesyes:

Dale xx

sophiethestar
19-06-11, 23:10
Thank you, it's just that I've heard of so many stories of people not getting diagnosed with Lymphoma until it's in extremely late stages because nothing was detected in blood tests. :unsure:

DontPanicMrMannering
19-06-11, 23:53
Sophie the thing with google is it will pick up information from Millions and Millions of people so when you go looking for something and you get a page full of wrong diagnosis's it makes you think that it is more common to not detect Lymphoma in your blood than it is to detect it, googles great for many things, but dangerous for others, the amount of people who must have got themselves into a right old state after reading up on the symptoms of illness's, always check your body but don't let it dominate your life.

Dale xx

sophiethestar
20-06-11, 00:11
Thank you so much. I know I shouldn't check Google. I hadn't checked it for a while, until today. Then the panic all came back. I know I'm overreacting. :)