PDA

View Full Version : feeling scared again

19-06-11, 23:39
I am back to freaking out... this time about my kidney's and having kidney failure. The last few days my urine has been almost clear - I am not drinking any more than I usually do - why would this happen? I did a quick google search which I know is the worst possible thing I could of done.
I have already mentioned that I am waiting on results for a genetic test for a very rare disease. Since finding out about this disease, I feel like I have every symptom. Renal failure is what happens with this disease.
Also, my reflux is back with a vengeance and I am waiting to go for a endoscopy next Thursday. I am so scared what they will find as I think I had reflux for a while without knowing - lots of sore throats and laryngitis... arrggghhh
I am off to the drs today to tell them everything and hopefully get some tests done? I am also considering getting some anti-depressants (which is something that has always freaked me out due to be scared of side effects.).
My husband is fed up with me doing this but I just feel so terrified.

nervouswreck123
20-06-11, 00:17
hi there just thought it might help you to know iv had loads of kidney problems over the years since i was 2 (im now 25) and from my experience the lighter in color your urine is the better means you have a good liquid in take and your kidneys are functioning well it when its dark almost orange and strong smelling that you should get checked x x hope this calms you a little i know what its like to freak out over illness as i do it constantly x
hope you feel better soon
x amy x

nervouswreck123
20-06-11, 00:19
also if you want any more infor feel free to pm me x x

20-06-11, 02:34
Thanks for your reply. I thought that it should be straw colour and not clear as mine is clear first thing in the morning...
I have a drs appt in an hour so hoping to get some relief from that as well as some tests done.
my reflux has been so bad that I am not sleeping which seems to make everything a millions times worse. I really am trying to be positive and just get on with my life but all these symptoms stress me out.

LiveAboveIt
20-06-11, 05:05
I've had a similar worry. But clear is good, it means your kidney's are working.